This is the loving God, eh?

jtomasik
Edited Date/Time 6/5/2012 6:03am
https://youtu.be/3TvvRlweyl0

Wow, talk about a frightened little man.
|
Titan1
5/22/2012 11:35am
That guy is talking about my father-in-law and my cousin...he's a douche on every single level! Nothing "godly" about him, not at all...He's mocking the very God he claims to believe in.
jtomasik
5/22/2012 12:08pm
Titan1 wrote:
That guy is talking about my father-in-law and my cousin...he's a douche on every single level! Nothing "godly" about him, not at all...He's mocking the very...
That guy is talking about my father-in-law and my cousin...he's a douche on every single level! Nothing "godly" about him, not at all...He's mocking the very God he claims to believe in.
Yeah. Pretty damn sad. I know a lot of cool Christians, and then the differences in belief (between them and me) matters nothing, except maybe some light-hearted teasing. But, this guy's a jerk.
5/22/2012 12:29pm
Koo-Koo!!! Yeah, I dont think that follows any christian doctrine that I am aware of, but... Im not very well versed in such.

The Shop

burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
5/22/2012 12:55pm
Well, I can't pull up the video, but usually Christians on a video are gonna get pegged. I'm a Christian, but probably the poorest excuse for one, so I try not to broadcast it. One day we will learn that you have to find common ground with everyone, and you have to meet a need first, before anything else.
TeamGreen
5/22/2012 12:58pm
"...The Bibe's again'it, God's again'it, I'm again'it & if you got any sense you again'it!"

"I'm gonna preach the hell outta all'em..."

Angry lil' Hick.

I hope he ain't got no kids: I'm again'it!
Barrett57
5/22/2012 1:19pm Edited Date/Time 5/22/2012 1:19pm
His idea was tryed in the 1930s and 40s in Europe. Putting everyone you dont like behind a electric fence until they die.
5/22/2012 2:48pm
Its not God I have a problem with its his fan club. What part of christianity says something about love one another and forgiveness and all that jazz???? I hope this guy gets caught sucking a TV's dick.
jtomasik
5/22/2012 2:56pm
Its not God I have a problem with its his fan club. What part of christianity says something about love one another and forgiveness and all...
Its not God I have a problem with its his fan club. What part of christianity says something about love one another and forgiveness and all that jazz???? I hope this guy gets caught sucking a TV's dick.
I think it's because humans tend to be unrealistic and idealistic. We're hoping for something to remove all our fears. Guys like this take it to the next level. Truth is, the universe has always been (at least factually supported) one of death and destruction. The whole loving one another thing is a result of our neo-cortex. Most species on this planet would take over the planet for their own species if they could. Does god not exist in them?
5/22/2012 3:03pm
jtomasik wrote:
I think it's because humans tend to be unrealistic and idealistic. We're hoping for something to remove all our fears. Guys like this take it to...
I think it's because humans tend to be unrealistic and idealistic. We're hoping for something to remove all our fears. Guys like this take it to the next level. Truth is, the universe has always been (at least factually supported) one of death and destruction. The whole loving one another thing is a result of our neo-cortex. Most species on this planet would take over the planet for their own species if they could. Does god not exist in them?
Afraid of one owns demise? So by believing in appeasing a higher power will make death less bad?

What does Neo cortex mean?
jtomasik
5/22/2012 3:30pm
Afraid of one owns demise? So by believing in appeasing a higher power will make death less bad?

Well, according to many believers, yes, their higher power will give them an afterlife of bliss (heaven).

Neo-cortex is an evolutionary part of the mammalian brain which brings with it many of the higher-order thought behaviors. Sagan wrote a good book on the evolutionary brain called, "Dragons of Eden".
level
5/22/2012 4:51pm
Wow. What a complete and utter douchebag. Unreal.
ns503
5/22/2012 6:31pm
The really sad part is what the camera doesn't show - the brain dead audience (excuse me for not calling saying congregation) that is soaking it all in.

Pretty scary when you stop & think about it - all the whackos in this world...
bsm121
5/22/2012 6:52pm
father-in-law...???
Mr. G
5/22/2012 9:24pm
jtomasik wrote:
Well, according to many believers, yes, their higher power will give them an afterlife of bliss (heaven). Neo-cortex is an evolutionary part of the mammalian brain...
Well, according to many believers, yes, their higher power will give them an afterlife of bliss (heaven).

Neo-cortex is an evolutionary part of the mammalian brain which brings with it many of the higher-order thought behaviors. Sagan wrote a good book on the evolutionary brain called, "Dragons of Eden".
jtomasik, this is not a critisim or an attack but just an observation. If what you said about the Neo-cortex is the reason for such things, then why were you able to "see" past it's b.s.? My opinion is that you and many others can "see" past certain insanities that others seem to be the total effect of. And it aint brain I'll tell ya.
wildbill
5/22/2012 11:08pm
I think it's education, or lack of.

Sad thing is, conviction wins out over intelligence every time.
Mr. G
5/22/2012 11:41pm
I'm not sure conviction wins EVERY time as evidenced by your post but I know what you mean.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
5/23/2012 6:12am
I think it's more offense than anything else.
5/23/2012 11:25am
my father in law is someone who would shout AMEN! to that.
told me just this weekend 'so, you voting for Obama?' oh no, I started to walk away. He stopped me, 'so are you? because he will vote liberal judges in and they promote homosexuality. then our country will fall to ashes'.
Not worth arguing with him, I just smile and change the subject.

No matter what you do, especially with the older generation, they are who they are. I can't change him or sway how he looks at the world. It sure makes it hard for me to visit him when he gets on a rant like that.
Followed up by 'then China is going to call us on all our debt and attack the country killing everybody'.

holy crap, honey, can we go home now?
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
5/23/2012 12:52pm
I think God puts bozos in the pulpit sometime to remind not to look to them for help or example. C'mon, you can tell a whacko when you see one.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
5/23/2012 1:55pm
I think you mean, this loving god:
J.F.S
5/23/2012 2:15pm
Most people that are afraid of gays or their marriage are in the closet homosexuals, lets face it. A straight man could not care less what the gay men do with each other. And if gay men get married, most straight men are happy for them. The in the closet gays are afraid that it will be harder for them to resist coming out with a more gay accepting society. There are many examples of gay priests that have tried to force themselves into the closet through churches for example. They think that because the yell and scream about how bad gays are no one will suspect that they are gays.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
5/23/2012 2:16pm
Maybe you meant this god:

J.F.S
5/23/2012 2:21pm Edited Date/Time 5/23/2012 2:22pm
If god existed, god would probably be gay himself, At least that is how he is portrayed. An old man who bitches and whines about everything, surrounding himself with little angel looking boys, never had a gf. What a homo! Not that there is anything wrong with it, but still.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
5/23/2012 2:26pm
So are you saying it's wrong to be "homo"? Man, these guys are gonna jump on this like crazy. It sounds like you're talking about Catholics too. Dude, you just jumped into it.
J.F.S
5/23/2012 2:31pm Edited Date/Time 5/23/2012 2:31pm
burn1986 wrote:
So are you saying it's wrong to be "homo"? Man, these guys are gonna jump on this like crazy. It sounds like you're talking about Catholics...
So are you saying it's wrong to be "homo"? Man, these guys are gonna jump on this like crazy. It sounds like you're talking about Catholics too. Dude, you just jumped into it.
No, I said "not that there is anything wrong with it" But I am saying that god is portrayed as an old gay man. There is nothing heterosexual about that character. And I am saying that people who are so strongly against gays are usually gays themselves. I am not gay, so I have nothing against gays and their marriages.
jimmie
5/23/2012 6:18pm
Westboro Baptist?

You find one kook, and mix all Christians with him?

That's a fair assumption about God?

The God I serve does not speak like this hon-yock

Believe what you wish, however.

It's a free world...
carlosmacho
5/23/2012 10:26pm

jtomasik wrote:
Well, according to many believers, yes, their higher power will give them an afterlife of bliss (heaven). Neo-cortex is an evolutionary part of the mammalian brain...

Judaism in its earliest stages had no belief in immortality. Buddhism regards immortality as a nightmare, not a prize. Deliverance from reincarnation is its message. Christ is the one that offers eternal life.

Sagan's theory rests on assumptions that are impossible to prove, sound familiar?
level
5/24/2012 2:51pm
This guy is hiding behind God as an excuse for his SEVERE HOMOPHOBIA.
level
5/24/2012 2:54pm
On a different note-do you guys ever wonder where God came from? If he came from something else wouldn't that Being be God and then the Being that made him and so on and so on and so on?

If God came out of nowhere-the universe from nothing was developed from a single energy, then where did that energy come from?

It's just mind blowing to think about. Where it all really started and how. It's literally beyond our comprehension I believe. We are all connected. It's very beautiful yet very deep to try and think about and comprehend.

Post a reply to: This is the loving God, eh?

The Latest