Time for new luggage.. suggestions?

Edited Date/Time 3/21/2018 8:32am
I'm due for some new luggage (I do a fair amount of business travel) and definitely want to go more the Ogio style route than the traditional Samsonite generic looking stuff. I really dig the look and functionality of some of the Ogio bags, are there any other ones out there I should be considering? Also love that Ogio supports the sport.. any others like them out there??

Looking for a standard size roll about (air plane carry on size) and then a jumbo one for long trips / vacations..

Man the style on this Ogio Layover bag is sick! On the fence if it's too "edgy" for business travel, but I know they offer it in more conservative styles too

|
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
3/17/2018 7:29pm
I run a 9800 for longer trips, and a terminal for shorter trips, I don't mind the fact they are loud as they stand out on the conveyer when getting luggage, I always travel with a back pack for hand luggage as well, had the same Ogio backpack since 2005, and its not worn out so I keep using it, its been right around the world with me about 4 times now,
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
3/19/2018 3:49pm
Definitely pick a strange color so you can see it on the luggage carousel. (And also so that some idiot doesn't think your bag is his and walk off with it.)

The Shop

jasonward73
3/20/2018 1:55pm
Delta Million Miler here and Diamond level member for 10+years.....

Also have lifetime diamond status with Hilton....

In other words, I fly/travel a shit ton.

I recommend Rimowa luggage. I have about 5 of their pieces and love it. Super light and durable. I go with the polycarbonate style shells but the aluminum cases are the traditional ones. If you ever see a briefcase handcuffed to someone in a movie it's likely a Rimowa.

They are pricey for sure but they come with a great warranty and unique colors so you can stand out some. The 4 wheel is the way to go. I run the 32L model 95% of the time for my 2-3 day week trips and the 37L for longer trips or personal trips where my wardrobe needs more variety.

anniebertmojo
3/21/2018 7:44am
I travel a lot, Platinum Executive flyer on American Airlines.

I use Oakley backpacks and bags. They have been great for me. Whatever brand you decide to use, make sure it's good quality. You'll pay a bit more but well worth the $. I also try not to check in bags unless I have too. This gives me the freedom to switch flights if needed because I have a carry-on. The only time I check in bags is when I go overseas.

Like Falcon said, try to get a bag w/color on it. You can see it when it comes down the luggage carrier and spot it out quickly if someone takes it.

JRT812
3/21/2018 8:31am
Col. Littleton. It’s not really down your alley, but another option to bring to the table.

Post a reply to: Time for new luggage.. suggestions?

The Latest