Toilets

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
7/21/2017 7:23am
Kohler make great products but there's differences between the products you see at the big box stores and the ones from plumbing stores. Some might appear to be the same but the components are different.

Fixtures for example at big box stores have plastic fittings while the ones at the plumbing store will be metal/ceramic fittings. Obviously they won't be priced the same.

Not sure where you purchased your shitty toilet but if it was at a big box store that could be your answer.
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
7/21/2017 1:41pm
newmann wrote:
Toilet? When the local Lowes first opened they must have flown in a bunch of foreigners...or northerners for the grand opening and to train the local...
Toilet?

When the local Lowes first opened they must have flown in a bunch of foreigners...or northerners for the grand opening and to train the local employees. I go in and ask where the toilets are. I get a blank stare. So I ask where the commodes are. Again, another blank stare. So I say "pisser", "shitter", where you take a dump. Oh, he exclaims. You are wanting to know where the water closets are located. This time I throw the blank stare and say, you aren't from around here are you.

I had a Kohler that I bought as part of a matched set for my garage bathroom upstairs. Didn't finish the upstairs for years though and when completed the toilet would bubble and barely flush. It was as if something wasn't cast right. Had it removed, inspected and reinstalled. No improvement. It matched a pedestal sink so I had to go back to Kohler to get another that had a similar design. Works great. So yes, I give Kohler a 50/50 chance of sucking.
borg wrote:
I just went through a big hassle which included Home Depot, Lowes and Moen. I needed a tub drain flange. I was assaulted by idiots from...
I just went through a big hassle which included Home Depot, Lowes and Moen. I needed a tub drain flange. I was assaulted by idiots from all sides. I don't expect HD and Lowes to have knowledgeable people but Moen should. But no. Fucking idiots. This kind of crap is getting worse and worse. I went to 2, old school, plumbing stores. More idiots. I even went online to some of the plumber forums. More idiots.

I really enjoy what I do. But this rampant incompetence is making it difficult. It is so rare now that a store clerk will say "I'm not sure, let me get Joe. He knows about that." Instead they give you information that is pure bullshit. Just to give you an answer.

There's a store here called Coast Appliance. They sell parts for household appliances, mostly to repairmen. This has happened to me quite a few times there since I do my own appliance repairs. I walk in the door with some clapped out part in hand, the guy doesn't say a word, he walks into the back area and returns with not only exactly what I need, but the other parts that I am going to need to get this repair done right. It's amazing when you meet up with competence anymore. But it's rare.
So, you needed the flat, threaded part that goes on the "bath" side of the tub, which connects to the drain pipe on the other side? And you had trouble at five plumbing/hardware stores, and two online forums, including a manufacturer? Am I getting this correct? BlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlink

I hear you on the competence thing, man. People are getting less and less intelligent every day. It's disturbing.
borg
7/21/2017 2:48pm
Falcon wrote:
So, you needed the flat, threaded part that goes on the "bath" side of the tub, which connects to the drain pipe on the other side...
So, you needed the flat, threaded part that goes on the "bath" side of the tub, which connects to the drain pipe on the other side? And you had trouble at five plumbing/hardware stores, and two online forums, including a manufacturer? Am I getting this correct? BlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlink

I hear you on the competence thing, man. People are getting less and less intelligent every day. It's disturbing.
godamsonofabitchmotherfucker. I just spent ten minutes describing the whole clusterfuck including a link to Moens site and when I returned from the link it went to the Vital ad and when it was done the whole godamsonofabitchmotherfucking post was gone. Too pissed to type it all again right now. Gonna play some guitar and calm down.
Maybe I need help.
newmann
7/21/2017 3:09pm
Falcon wrote:
So, you needed the flat, threaded part that goes on the "bath" side of the tub, which connects to the drain pipe on the other side...

Trying to work with a 22 year old right now who can't figure out the adding machine. Can't fill out the address on an envelope to mail either. Stamp? What is that?

When I was ten years old I was writing poor quality letters asking for moto stickers, filling out envelopes, including SASE's and licking the stamps for all of them.

The Shop

sumdood
Fantasy
1333rd
7/21/2017 3:52pm
Falcon wrote:

newmann wrote:
Trying to work with a 22 year old right now who can't figure out the adding machine. Can't fill out the address on an envelope to...
Trying to work with a 22 year old right now who can't figure out the adding machine. Can't fill out the address on an envelope to mail either. Stamp? What is that?

When I was ten years old I was writing poor quality letters asking for moto stickers, filling out envelopes, including SASE's and licking the stamps for all of them.
Run an ad for a pool cleaner and see who shows up. I swear some of these guys can't spell their own name lol
reded
7/21/2017 4:23pm
My wife has been training a new bank teller, fresh outta college at 23 and has never written a check or used an adding machine and is scared to answer the phone.
newmann
7/21/2017 6:42pm
reded wrote:
My wife has been training a new bank teller, fresh outta college at 23 and has never written a check or used an adding machine and...
My wife has been training a new bank teller, fresh outta college at 23 and has never written a check or used an adding machine and is scared to answer the phone.
That's the easy part! Uhhhh, hold please.
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
7/22/2017 10:01am
They dont make one powerful enough for this gem. It is real, from a patient years ago:

Hut
7/22/2017 11:18am
Q: Why are turds normally tapered on the end?

A: So your asshole doesn't snap shut!

My trusty Dometic 320 has never let me down Cool
Hut
7/22/2017 12:58pm
Looks like an Idaho spud
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
7/22/2017 1:39pm
kzizok wrote:
They dont make one powerful enough for this gem. It is real, from a patient years ago: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/07/22/205877/s1200_IMG_3589.jpg[/img]
They dont make one powerful enough for this gem. It is real, from a patient years ago:

kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
7/23/2017 12:20pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2017 12:21pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/07/22/205893/s1200_toy_story_mr_potato_head.jpg[/img]

Beleive it or not, thats what we called it, or the polycystic kidney!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
7/23/2017 12:46pm
kzizok wrote:
Beleive it or not, thats what we called it, or the polycystic kidney!
That's just TMI LOL.

I guess you see all kinds of things when you're in that industry for a number of years.

I hope you showed it to the person who was responsible for the toilet not working properly. Leave it on the counter with a note that says.....Here's the problem, eat more fiber!
Nighttrain
7/23/2017 2:58pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2017 3:03pm
I prefer a traditional set up for going #2: tall toilet, lots of water when flushed, something to read and a fresh roll of Scott 1000. What's the deal with these Squatty Potty devices? The Warden surmises it's the correct posture for such events. I reminded her so is peeing in the shower which I advocate. She was pissed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ESKVN7W/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=15…
Foghorn
7/25/2017 8:34am Edited Date/Time 7/25/2017 8:35am
We've got Toto low flush ones. Never had to use a plunger in the 4 years we've been in the house. My wife wants a washlet toilet, at least in the Master ever since she used one when we were in London. Nice having your ass washed and dried and save on paper too!
ocscottie
7/25/2017 12:25pm
This Carbon Fiber toilet is big pimpin.

captmoto
7/25/2017 3:31pm
I paid $150 for an American Standard E-Z flush or whatever from Home Depot and it works like a charm. It doesn't clog and I've tried. Need to get one upstairs now.
peelout
7/26/2017 10:38am
i too am in the market for a new turd gulper. i'm tall, so i need a tall throne, hate the elongated ones because my brown rocket get's stuck in orbit on the dry side of the bowl, don't want a "dual" flusher to sweep away my butt truffles. can anyone help with selecting a proper device for discarding my rectum warriors?

sincerely,
Prairie Doggin' in Utah
AHRMA361
Fantasy
262nd
7/26/2017 10:52am
peelout wrote:
i too am in the market for a new turd gulper. i'm tall, so i need a tall throne, hate the elongated ones because my brown...
i too am in the market for a new turd gulper. i'm tall, so i need a tall throne, hate the elongated ones because my brown rocket get's stuck in orbit on the dry side of the bowl, don't want a "dual" flusher to sweep away my butt truffles. can anyone help with selecting a proper device for discarding my rectum warriors?

sincerely,
Prairie Doggin' in Utah
Here ya go!

Post a reply to: Toilets

The Latest