Tom Brady suspension dismissed

seth505
Fantasy
1048th
9/4/2015 10:39am
Like the OJ trial....
seth505 wrote:
Great comparison, a murder trial.
Judges are biased as well. Brady cheated and everyone knows it. He got away with it because he's a pampered twit.
How did he cheat? How many balls out of 12 were under the minimum psi and by how much?

I think a lot of you read articles and take it for truth, biases as truth, just as you are calling judges biased.
IWreckALot
9/4/2015 11:49am
seth505 wrote:
Great comparison, a murder trial.
Judges are biased as well. Brady cheated and everyone knows it. He got away with it because he's a pampered twit.
seth505 wrote:
How did he cheat? How many balls out of 12 were under the minimum psi and by how much? I think a lot of you read...
How did he cheat? How many balls out of 12 were under the minimum psi and by how much?

I think a lot of you read articles and take it for truth, biases as truth, just as you are calling judges biased.
Sounds like 11 were underinflated. . . But not by much.

Here are the points. They all seem really trivial. And considering it was only off by a slight amount, I don't see the amount of damage it's caused.

1 - If it wasn't that much of an advantage, and obviously it wasn't as determined by the second half, why take the chance? We all know the difference something minor can make such as changing grips, bar lengths, etc. . . so maybe a slight change in PSI could make a difference in grip strength and endurance in the game? Seems trivial still.

2 - The two New England trainers that were fired had some texts on their phones that seemed to confirm some sort of suspicious tampering. Why would they tamper with the balls if not ordered to? Just seems bizarre to do it arbitrarily.

3 - Why would Tom Brady intentionally break his phone? And if the phone is such a damning piece of evidence, he COULD ask for a transcript from his phone company. But he could also have told Gooddell to get lost when he asked to inspect the texts, instead of obliterating his phone. I don't think the NFL had the right to his phone anyways.

I still think there is too much evidence suggesting the balls were deflated and Tom knew about it. But there's not enough to hold up through litigating. And certainly not enough for a 4 game ban. Both sides fucked up here and both are paying the price one way or another.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000466783/article/more-details-on-…

Eleven of the 12 footballs used in the first half were judged by the officials to be under the minimum of 12.5 PSI, but just one was two pounds under. Many of them were just a few ticks under the minimum.
mxb2
9/4/2015 12:03pm
Ignorance of the rules, is no excuse.
hvaughn88
9/4/2015 12:26pm
seth505 wrote:
How did he cheat? How many balls out of 12 were under the minimum psi and by how much? I think a lot of you read...

IWreckALot wrote:
Sounds like 11 were underinflated. . . But not by much. Here are the points. They all seem really trivial. And considering it was only off...
Sounds like 11 were underinflated. . . But not by much.

Here are the points. They all seem really trivial. And considering it was only off by a slight amount, I don't see the amount of damage it's caused.

1 - If it wasn't that much of an advantage, and obviously it wasn't as determined by the second half, why take the chance? We all know the difference something minor can make such as changing grips, bar lengths, etc. . . so maybe a slight change in PSI could make a difference in grip strength and endurance in the game? Seems trivial still.

2 - The two New England trainers that were fired had some texts on their phones that seemed to confirm some sort of suspicious tampering. Why would they tamper with the balls if not ordered to? Just seems bizarre to do it arbitrarily.

3 - Why would Tom Brady intentionally break his phone? And if the phone is such a damning piece of evidence, he COULD ask for a transcript from his phone company. But he could also have told Gooddell to get lost when he asked to inspect the texts, instead of obliterating his phone. I don't think the NFL had the right to his phone anyways.

I still think there is too much evidence suggesting the balls were deflated and Tom knew about it. But there's not enough to hold up through litigating. And certainly not enough for a 4 game ban. Both sides fucked up here and both are paying the price one way or another.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000466783/article/more-details-on-…

Eleven of the 12 footballs used in the first half were judged by the officials to be under the minimum of 12.5 PSI, but just one was two pounds under. Many of them were just a few ticks under the minimum.
Obviously this was one huge clusterf#&K all around. I still think Brady is guilty, though.

The Shop

MX558
9/7/2015 7:30pm
I think it's the 6th case in a row the NFL has lost . Goodell is an idiot . This shouldn't have gone this far every other team that has fucked with the balls last year got a 50 k fine and told don't do it again .
mxb2
9/7/2015 9:12pm
MX558 wrote:
I think it's the 6th case in a row the NFL has lost . Goodell is an idiot . This shouldn't have gone this far every...
I think it's the 6th case in a row the NFL has lost . Goodell is an idiot . This shouldn't have gone this far every other team that has fucked with the balls last year got a 50 k fine and told don't do it again .
50k fine is a joke to a billion dollar business. Suspend players will prevent any foul play, once again, money rules the world and brady has alot .
MX558
9/8/2015 1:53am
The 50 k fine is actually in the rulebook for equipment violations Goodell makes up the rules as he goes along
JBlain619
9/8/2015 8:47am
MX558 wrote:
I think it's the 6th case in a row the NFL has lost . Goodell is an idiot . This shouldn't have gone this far every...
mxb2 wrote:
50k fine is a joke to a billion dollar business. Suspend players will prevent any foul play, once again, money rules the world and brady has...
50k fine is a joke to a billion dollar business. Suspend players will prevent any foul play, once again, money rules the world and brady has alot .
Equipment violation is not a suspendable offense. Its a fine, just like using stick um.

Goddell's an idiot and needs to go. He won't though because he's made the owners a lot of money.
TDeath21
4/26/2016 9:46am
Hopefully this one stands. He needs to be suspended in some way.
APLMAN99
4/26/2016 10:50am
Sounds like the appeals court mostly got the issue correct, and that's basically that the commissioner has the power to assess penalties like this.

The appeal wasn't about whether the deflation gave the Patriots/Brady an advantage, or whether the punishment was too harsh, etc. It hinged on whether the commissioner was empowered to impose penalties, and the majority opinion seemed to be saying that if the players association didn't want the commissioner to have that power any longer then they should have addressed it in the last CBA.
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
4/27/2016 9:25am
Really glad some of you guys are not judges haha, I can't believe people agree with a suspension based on "we think something could have still went on" without proper evidence. These kinds of things are also referred to as a witch hunt.
APLMAN99
4/27/2016 10:23am
seth505 wrote:
Really glad some of you guys are not judges haha, I can't believe people agree with a suspension based on "we think something could have still...
Really glad some of you guys are not judges haha, I can't believe people agree with a suspension based on "we think something could have still went on" without proper evidence. These kinds of things are also referred to as a witch hunt.
No, it's referred to as rational thought and the factual notion that Brady doesn't have to be "convicted" of anything, nor is the burden of proof the same as in a criminal trial. The majority of the appeals judges understood that the issue was whether or not the commissioner has the power to assess penalties in these situations and concluded the obvious.
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
4/27/2016 10:45am
seth505 wrote:
Really glad some of you guys are not judges haha, I can't believe people agree with a suspension based on "we think something could have still...
APLMAN99 wrote:
No, it's referred to as rational thought and the factual notion that Brady doesn't have to be "convicted" of anything, nor is the burden of proof...
No, it's referred to as rational thought and the factual notion that Brady doesn't have to be "convicted" of anything, nor is the burden of proof the same as in a criminal trial. The majority of the appeals judges understood that the issue was whether or not the commissioner has the power to assess penalties in these situations and concluded the obvious.
Ya, that's the only part of it that makes sense, that they concluded that the commissioner can make a decision/assess any penalty he wants.
4/27/2016 10:38pm
seth505 wrote:
The decision was based upon the conclusion that it was more likely than not that Tom Brady was generally aware that the footballs were being manipulated.

Do you disagree and believe that it was not more likely than not that he knew?
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
4/28/2016 7:01pm
seth505 wrote:
TripleFive wrote:
The decision was based upon the conclusion that it was more likely than not that Tom Brady was generally aware that the footballs were being manipulated...
The decision was based upon the conclusion that it was more likely than not that Tom Brady was generally aware that the footballs were being manipulated.

I only know what I've read of it but I do think it is BS.
MX558
4/29/2016 7:17pm
What a shit show the NFL has become . Thanks Goodell.
APLMAN99
4/29/2016 9:00pm
seth505 wrote:
TripleFive wrote:
The decision was based upon the conclusion that it was more likely than not that Tom Brady was generally aware that the footballs were being manipulated...

seth505 wrote:
BS in what way?

It's pretty clear that Brady knew about the doctoring of the footballs over an extended period of time and that he likely was the one who ordered it done originally. Any anger should be directed at him rather than the body that's simply enforcing the rules.
Hut
4/29/2016 9:04pm
TripleFive wrote:

seth505 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
BS in what way? It's pretty clear that Brady knew about the doctoring of the footballs over an extended period of time and that he likely...
BS in what way?

It's pretty clear that Brady knew about the doctoring of the footballs over an extended period of time and that he likely was the one who ordered it done originally. Any anger should be directed at him rather than the body that's simply enforcing the rules.
I have zero ball pressure anger. Huh
5/24/2016 3:45am
seth505 wrote:
This
APLMAN99
5/24/2016 10:12am
seth505 wrote:
This
You guys are completely missing the point.

The judges shouldn't be ruling on whether Brady is guilty or not. The only issue is whether or not the Commissioner has the authority to issue penalties based on the current CBA. It's pretty obvious that he does, of course, so the tactic of spinning this into something different is the only approach left for Brady's team.
Shiftfaced
5/24/2016 12:26pm
Drew Bledsoe might get some satisfaction out of that....

Post a reply to: Tom Brady suspension dismissed

The Latest