Tony Stewart's Sprint Car Racing (Video Game)

Five2Five
I never even heard of this game until now, 1 week before launch. I love watching late models / dirt track racing in general and played alot of ps2 games with sprint cars, etc.
|
Hoseclamp
Fantasy
617th
2/7/2020 12:14pm
Hell yeah! Ive never heard of it either. A good sprint car game could be awesome of its done right.
Rooster
2/7/2020 12:44pm
I can't wait to see the simulator setups people come up with to mimic the sprint cars.

I'm thinking a giant steering wheel, a milk crate for a seat and jam it all into the smallest closet in the house.
JAFO92
2/7/2020 1:21pm
Thats cool they got Kears Speedshop plug put in there, they are an awesome family and small town shop. I used to get torsion bars, heims, radius rods, bird cage bearings, pretty much all manner of parts from them.
Hoseclamp
Fantasy
617th
2/7/2020 4:27pm
JAFO92 wrote:
Thats cool they got Kears Speedshop plug put in there, they are an awesome family and small town shop. I used to get torsion bars, heims...
Thats cool they got Kears Speedshop plug put in there, they are an awesome family and small town shop. I used to get torsion bars, heims, radius rods, bird cage bearings, pretty much all manner of parts from them.
Haha I live in the same town a Kears and drive past it daily. My step dad used to ride to the races with Shirley when he was a young man and Ive heard lots of stories. He took me and my brother to many sprint races when I was a kid and made a lot of good memories and was some of my first exposure to any racing. Her shop caught on fire a while back and I think the damage was limited but the apartment she rented to a girl above the shop got fucked. Kinda cool that her shop from this little town is known around the country!

The Shop

2/7/2020 4:33pm
I'm pretty excited, it's been so long since we've had a sprint car game for the console. I think the last sprint car game I played was World of Outlaws 2002 for the PS2? Holy crap it has been awhile. I just want to know if it has real tracks or not.
zehn
2/7/2020 5:56pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2020 5:56pm
I’ll be getting it for sure
jemcee
2/7/2020 6:00pm
I dunno if that looks that good but my favourite game of all time was World of Outlaws from back in '02 I think, so even if it doesn't look 'great' if the gameplay is as good I'll be stoked
Five2Five
2/7/2020 9:08pm
I'm pretty excited, it's been so long since we've had a sprint car game for the console. I think the last sprint car game I played...
I'm pretty excited, it's been so long since we've had a sprint car game for the console. I think the last sprint car game I played was World of Outlaws 2002 for the PS2? Holy crap it has been awhile. I just want to know if it has real tracks or not.
The tracks are fictional, but there is a lot of tracks even indoor tracks. With smoke involved with the game i was hoping for at least Eldora. Maybe if this game has success the next game devs could get the license to add real tracks.
2/8/2020 5:47am
I'm pretty excited, it's been so long since we've had a sprint car game for the console. I think the last sprint car game I played...
Five2Five wrote:
The tracks are fictional, but there is a lot of tracks even indoor tracks. With smoke involved with the game i was hoping for at least...
The tracks are fictional, but there is a lot of tracks even indoor tracks. With smoke involved with the game i was hoping for at least Eldora. Maybe if this game has success the next game devs could get the license to add real tracks.
I kind of assumed that they would be fictional tracks. I did find that they are working on getting licensing for tracks to release as DLC. Could just be a rumor, but I live in an area where there's a plethora of tracks. Would be cool to see one of them like Williams Grove or Lincoln Speedway in the game.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
2/8/2020 7:34am
Anyone have any suggestions for seat/wheel/peddle set ups? I’ve done some home made stuff that I wasn’t too happy with. I have a XBox system if that matters. I’ve never had a Sprint car game ....this looks great!
KMC440
2/8/2020 9:43am
Five2Five wrote:
The tracks are fictional, but there is a lot of tracks even indoor tracks. With smoke involved with the game i was hoping for at least...
I kind of assumed that they would be fictional tracks. I did find that they are working on getting licensing for tracks to release as DLC...
I kind of assumed that they would be fictional tracks. I did find that they are working on getting licensing for tracks to release as DLC. Could just be a rumor, but I live in an area where there's a plethora of tracks. Would be cool to see one of them like Williams Grove or Lincoln Speedway in the game.
Chico when it's so sticky you've got to run 17inches of stagger to get the car to turn with 15lb in the right rear and 5 in the left with 2 turns to the rt rear
Used to be able to (have to) bolt 40lb of lead under radiator.

Fun place to set up a car ...
rongi#401
2/8/2020 11:03am
I’m so pumped they have non wing and midgets
ocscottie
2/8/2020 12:58pm
I remember playing a SC game at my cousins house many many years ago, it was fun! This looks pretty damn cool, will they have it for PC?

Watching that gameplay video, everyone should HAVE to use in car camera IMO, makes it so much harder and more "real".
Five2Five
2/8/2020 2:45pm
KennyT wrote:
Anyone have any suggestions for seat/wheel/peddle set ups? I’ve done some home made stuff that I wasn’t too happy with. I have a XBox system if...
Anyone have any suggestions for seat/wheel/peddle set ups? I’ve done some home made stuff that I wasn’t too happy with. I have a XBox system if that matters. I’ve never had a Sprint car game ....this looks great!
Id go with a logitech G-29, an search on amazon for a racing simulator rig.
Five2Five
2/8/2020 2:48pm
ocscottie wrote:
I remember playing a SC game at my cousins house many many years ago, it was fun! This looks pretty damn cool, will they have it...
I remember playing a SC game at my cousins house many many years ago, it was fun! This looks pretty damn cool, will they have it for PC?

Watching that gameplay video, everyone should HAVE to use in car camera IMO, makes it so much harder and more "real".
It is on steam! also it is a download only game for console. I also agree about the incar cam.
JAFO92
2/8/2020 7:26pm
KMC440 wrote:
Chico when it's so sticky you've got to run 17inches of stagger to get the car to turn with 15lb in the right rear and 5...
Chico when it's so sticky you've got to run 17inches of stagger to get the car to turn with 15lb in the right rear and 5 in the left with 2 turns to the rt rear
Used to be able to (have to) bolt 40lb of lead under radiator.

Fun place to set up a car ...
Ive ran bigtime stagger like that before, damn near cant hold 'er straight, crabbin' like a mofo but at the end of the straight just let it lean in and the wind catches the sideboards. If needed throw a big spacer on the RR axle loosen the rear up.

2 turns on the RR ? You run 1000s all the way around?
KMC440
2/9/2020 9:16am Edited Date/Time 2/9/2020 9:17am
Put the turns in to get the corner weight off the left rear and the bars were 1050 and 925-975's from what I remember. With short blocks in the rear. Track really is rough as hell in the spring.
JAFO92
2/9/2020 10:37am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2020 5:02am
KMC440 wrote:
Put the turns in to get the corner weight off the left rear and the bars were 1050 and 925-975's from what I remember. With short...
Put the turns in to get the corner weight off the left rear and the bars were 1050 and 925-975's from what I remember. With short blocks in the rear. Track really is rough as hell in the spring.
Oh I know what turns are, just wondering if we were talking the same thing. When I started out I put a 1050 on RR but moved down later as I got braver. LOL I experimented with blocks, but most 'typical' setup notes didnt always translate as my Gambler was a 87/41 and was naturally a bit loose. (the guys at Gambler called it a "lazy" chassis) At that time people were tinkering with 39" cars to deal with dry slick towards the end of the feature.
KMC440
2/9/2020 10:55am
Haaah ! One night I told my driver as we sat outside front row ... Brian, the car won't go to the bottom for the first 8 or so ... DON'T fight it ! Let it roll in the middle and by the end we'll be fine. Long ass story short... owner-Brian's father-in-law freaked a fucking noodle when I told him the setup... knew I should've lied ... we were running 2nd behind one of NoCal's best at the time... well owner ran to the car on an open red and was yellin at Brian and me and I had to change the car... Brian spun the car twice in the next 5 laps and we were done. I told Brian after that I would finish the season with him and that would be it. We finally started to get that car sorted too. Took a few more years to get onto a real fun team out here in Wi. Still go and may do it more in a wrenching capacity this summer.. we'll see.
Prayers for you down there to have a good growing and birthing season. 👍
jemcee
2/10/2020 8:13pm
[embed][/embed]
I wasn't too excited about the midget game play as it, at least looked kinda easy but the sprinters look nice and loose and hard to drive which could be cool
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
2/10/2020 9:46pm
I played a game on PS1 that had Nascar, Indy, and Sprint Cars (I think?). I thought it was Andretti Racing but that's only Nascar and Indy. I could be going mad? Ony went to watch Sprint Cars once when I was little and until we copped a ridiculous storm, it was pretty cool to see and hear.
Hoseclamp
Fantasy
617th
2/16/2020 5:50pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2020 4:45am
The game is pretty damn fun. Just getting started and learning it but its gonna be well worth the $30!
zehn
2/17/2020 9:51am
Hoseclamp wrote:
The game is pretty damn fun. Just getting started and learning it but its gonna be well worth the $30!
Thanks for the info, I'll definitely be getting this game soon!
Stuntman949
2/19/2020 8:16am
I put in quite a few hours with this game last night and I have to give it 5 stars. I was worried considering games usually backed by a star driver/rider get cheesy quick. They knocked this one out of the park. Using no driver aids is the key to making this title work

PROS:
Immersive career mode
Unique tracks and a good amount of them
Team customization
Realistic front wheel hop
The ability to buy and sell parts
Long seasons
Rewarding sponsor objectives
Awesome price!

Cons:
No Driver's POV camera

2/19/2020 5:14pm
World of outlaws was cool on ps2 you had to pull tear offs and everything lol

Post a reply to: Tony Stewart's Sprint Car Racing (Video Game)

The Latest