Wal Mart Back To School Specials.

imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
8/10/2017 7:20pm
Profit vs market value.

Walmart may have made more than Amazon last year but Amazon is worth nearly twice as much.
JAFO92 wrote:
Source?

Source is full of shit.
MR. X
8/10/2017 7:24pm
What, Newmann making another welfare joke?! Can it be so?!
Laughing It's funny because it's true.
APLMAN99
8/10/2017 7:35pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
The picture of the back to school sign is a little bit funny, but it's amazing how many people think it was corporate direction. I'd actually...
The picture of the back to school sign is a little bit funny, but it's amazing how many people think it was corporate direction. I'd actually be surprised if it turned out to be anyone other than a customer playing a joke. Maybe an employee screwing off, though.
imoto34 wrote:
I think it was a little more wide spread then a customer playing a joke at a single store and display.
No, it was a single store, although I don't doubt that there could be a few copy cats by now.

Spent 20 years in retail management. Those seasonal sign kits come in big boxes and because stores can have such wide variations in floor plans and product mix, there isn't an exact location for most of them.

I'm certain that there was no direction from corporate to put that sign on a gun case. Easily a case of a customer trying to take a funny picture, or maybe an employee trying a silly joke.
TXDirt
8/10/2017 8:07pm
Could also just be a case of Hanlon's razor.

Never Attribute to Malice That Which Is Adequately Explained by Stupidity

The Shop

JAFO92
8/10/2017 8:12pm
TXDirt wrote:
Could also just be a case of Hanlon's razor.

Never Attribute to Malice That Which Is Adequately Explained by Stupidity
Laughing
wildbill
8/10/2017 10:18pm
Jesus fucking christ you stupid fucks. Don't you a see the divide and conquer strategy at work here?

Please quit watching media now. We are all so easily manipulated based on things we think we know.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
8/10/2017 10:34pm
TXDirt wrote:
What does the political leanings have to do with shoppers other then marketing? Please post political chart of the idiots who waste money at whole foods...
What does the political leanings have to do with shoppers other then marketing? Please post political chart of the idiots who waste money at whole foods!

Guns or Kale??
Have you been to a whole foods? Sure it's expensive, but it's damn good food. Organic pizza, caffeine free coke, and grass fed beef. Makes me a happy man.
Hell you know whole foods has their own version of girl scouts cookies, better for you and it even tastes better.
MudPup545
8/11/2017 2:11am
I'm thinking some smart ass kids moved a sign?
TXDirt
8/11/2017 3:13am
TXDirt wrote:
What does the political leanings have to do with shoppers other then marketing? Please post political chart of the idiots who waste money at whole foods...
What does the political leanings have to do with shoppers other then marketing? Please post political chart of the idiots who waste money at whole foods!

Guns or Kale??
colintrax wrote:
Have you been to a whole foods? Sure it's expensive, but it's damn good food. Organic pizza, caffeine free coke, and grass fed beef. Makes me...
Have you been to a whole foods? Sure it's expensive, but it's damn good food. Organic pizza, caffeine free coke, and grass fed beef. Makes me a happy man.
Hell you know whole foods has their own version of girl scouts cookies, better for you and it even tastes better.
Yes I've been to Whole Foods numerous times. It's good. Most of it is overpriced but I like many items there nonetheless.

What is your point?
Firefly47
8/11/2017 5:08am
APLMAN99 wrote:
Walmart made a profit of over $20B last year.

Amazon made a little under $4B.

Who's crushing everyone?
Profit vs market value.

Walmart may have made more than Amazon last year but Amazon is worth nearly twice as much.
Walmart's real estate holdings alone would be astronomical.
gabrielito
8/11/2017 7:24am
I went into Walmart the other day and the greeter asked me how I was doing. I said terrible, I was mowing my lawn and my daughter's cat ran in front of me and it took the cats tail clean off. I told him I was going to take the cat to the vet but I brought to Walmart instead. He looked at me like "what the hell" and asked why I brought it to Walmart. I told him I brought it there because I heard it was the nation's number one retailer.
gabrielito
8/11/2017 7:28am
APLMAN99 wrote:
Walmart made a profit of over $20B last year.

Amazon made a little under $4B.

Who's crushing everyone?
Profit vs market value.

Firefly47 wrote:
Walmart's real estate holdings alone would be astronomical.
Amazon makes most of it's money off of cloud storage services. Their retail is still not all that profitable relatively speaking. my guess is they are scraping by on the retail, undercutting everyone else then will raise prices as traditional retailers go out of business.
ns503
8/11/2017 9:21am
gabrielito wrote:
I went into Walmart the other day and the greeter asked me how I was doing. I said terrible, I was mowing my lawn and my...
I went into Walmart the other day and the greeter asked me how I was doing. I said terrible, I was mowing my lawn and my daughter's cat ran in front of me and it took the cats tail clean off. I told him I was going to take the cat to the vet but I brought to Walmart instead. He looked at me like "what the hell" and asked why I brought it to Walmart. I told him I brought it there because I heard it was the nation's number one retailer.
That's a good one. Smile

Post a reply to: Wal Mart Back To School Specials.

The Latest