Related:
Create New Tag
JRT812 JRT812
10/16/2017 6:44 PM

What a weekend. Outdoor fire pit check. Repair a portion of the swing set check. Lastly, nuts in throat as I installed a spotlight from the 40’s I repaired into a truck check. Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

imoto34 imoto34
10/17/2017 7:08 AM

Fall is in the air. Fire water stocked up and a stack of trees waiting to be burnt. Merica

motosmith motosmith
10/17/2017 8:20 AM

I put all the outdoor furniture in storage Saturday.

Nothing left until the leaves fall. Then its burn pile time.

I have the right to remain awesome.

newmann newmann
10/17/2017 8:25 AM

Progress JRT, progress. I loaded a 30 yard dumpster with the remains of my house for the third time this weekend. The mess is gone, but it left behind a bit of a mess with the yard and grass so I had a load of sand delivered. Nuts are so far up in the throat from loading all the debris I'm afraid it will be a while before the sand gets spread. My Tylenol 4's that I didn't take from a previous injury are about all gone as well so back to the Aleeve. Sucks getting old!laughing

Nighttrain Nighttrain
10/17/2017 10:44 AM

Rebuilt hubs, headsets, and bottom brackets with marine grease. Replaced a lot of bearings. Picked up a winter project, beach cruiser (rusty one in back). It's roached but thinking of building a super light cruiser with performance components on the aluminum frame. Probably end up spending $500 on a $20 clunker, lol. Nuts dropped a long time ago and always stay low.

Photo

Photo
Guess the Black Ops water proof bottom bracket Is a bad design on the neglected rat bike since the bike frame has several places allowing water in where it collected and stayed in the BB.
Photo

Photo

JRT812 JRT812
10/17/2017 11:45 AM
newmann wrote:

Progress JRT, progress. I ...more

I will take my chore list over yours any day hahaha. I'm telling you my hands were sweating drilling that hole in my truck for a stupid spotlight haha

I'm glad things are getting better at your place!

Old-Man Old-Man
10/17/2017 12:25 PM

Looks great JRT! Even used the firebrick.
Been a union Bricklayer for 30+ years and I have a question:
Did you use Brick Mortar on the joints between the brick or fireclay?

JRT812 JRT812
10/17/2017 1:22 PM
Old-Man wrote:

Looks great JRT! Even used ...more

Thanks! I never realized that original type of brick wouldn't last long until I was researching fire pits. I swear I have seen pits using regular type of bricks in the ring. Refactory mortar was used. The footer is cement though. Also no mortar was used on the bottom for drainage.

Old-Man Old-Man
10/18/2017 10:55 AM

Great! The joints are a little big for high temps but hopefully you won't have any issues.

Here's a pic of what a fireplace (Box) looks like, see how the fire brick are pasted (Fire clay, refractory cement..ect.) together?

Enjoy your work, looks great!

Photo

JAFO92 JAFO92
10/18/2017 12:47 PM

Got the front half of the small arena leveled and staked, will finish the back side and be done this weekend.

Photo

"We don't rent pigs."

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry