Went to Chernobyl (pics)

Sunhouse
Edited Date/Time 4/17/2018 11:13pm
So Syria went down the drain when the cost was jacked up to 4000USD. So I decided to do something a little more budget friendly. Really bummed about the trip to Syria, but there will be other opportunities. As awesome as it sounds I just couldn’t defend paying over twice the initial amount.

Anyways, decided to check out Chernobyl. It’s a very picturesque location, and I have always wanted to go there. There is something about the abondoned Soviet location which just gives me goose bumps. I am by no means a great photographer, but i reckon these came out OK enough for an amateur with bad equipment.

And no, I didn’t find the arm we shot off the terrorist, nor the helicopter from CoD Smile

|
vetmxr
3/25/2018 11:35am
did you have to wear protection or safety measures ? They just let you walk around that place and do what you want? How long does one spend there....? I'm a long way from there but have interest in the whole Chernobyl thing and on a different level.....the Nazi death camps hold a lot of incredibleness and awe for me if that's even a word...... Its like its almost unbelievable to me until I set foot and see for myself. I'm not a denier.....I just can't comprehend the atrocities........its hard to believe people would do that to other people.....I'd like to hear more of your experiences there.

I've never felt a need to travel to Europe at all, but now that I'm getting older, Some goings on over there and some of your history has me wanting to visit. Especially Omaha beach, death camps.....and Chernobyl.....

I just wish you all didn't talk so funny over there.....LaughingLaughingLaughing I kid.....
HenryA
3/25/2018 12:04pm
Really cool, that's on my bucket list too to visit Chernobyl while there still is something left there. Give us more pics!
MR. X
3/25/2018 12:07pm
So cool ,i've gone down that rabbit hole a few times with google images of Chernobyl.
Squidward
3/25/2018 1:48pm
Man thats some creepy looking stuff. That being said, I would love to visit there sometime. Looks crazy, I really wanna see the Duga-3 Woodpecker radio tower up close. Ya should've sneaked off and taken a picture of the elephant's foot though haha.

The Shop

B DUB 333
3/25/2018 2:28pm
Sunhouse wrote:
So Syria went down the drain when the cost was jacked up to 4000USD. So I decided to do something a little more budget friendly. Really...
So Syria went down the drain when the cost was jacked up to 4000USD. So I decided to do something a little more budget friendly. Really bummed about the trip to Syria, but there will be other opportunities. As awesome as it sounds I just couldn’t defend paying over twice the initial amount.

Anyways, decided to check out Chernobyl. It’s a very picturesque location, and I have always wanted to go there. There is something about the abondoned Soviet location which just gives me goose bumps. I am by no means a great photographer, but i reckon these came out OK enough for an amateur with bad equipment.

And no, I didn’t find the arm we shot off the terrorist, nor the helicopter from CoD Smile

So........ you first choice was Syria.... you a arms dealer or something? And if so, I have a wish list.... where's that yellow cake and my briefcase.... I'm gonna go terrorize the terrorists. Sweet vacation spot BTW, thank you for sharing. I too find chernobyl very interesting. And that cold war radar wall is impressive, isn't one of those crazy radio station things right by there that beeps and says crazy stuff since like the 50's that nobody knows why...
oldblood
3/25/2018 2:36pm
thank you for your continuing International correspondence it is very interesting as always
oldblood
3/25/2018 3:00pm
suddenly Coal Power doesn't look so bad
MJC
3/25/2018 3:36pm
I’ll read this when I have more time but like I’ve said before, I envy your travels. Some really cool spots
71Fish
3/25/2018 4:40pm
Get there before it becomes a tourist meca and looks like Disney.
Sully
3/25/2018 5:27pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2018 5:28pm
North Korea? Syria? Chernobyl? Sunhouse, I think it's about time we staged an intervention on your vacation choices, buddy. Laughing
Naanak
3/25/2018 7:46pm
I’ve always wanted to visit there. Looks like such a experience.
G-man
3/25/2018 11:58pm Edited Date/Time 3/26/2018 12:52am
Sully wrote:
North Korea? Syria? Chernobyl? Sunhouse, I think it's about time we staged an intervention on your vacation choices, buddy. Laughing
Haha yeah I was wondering the same thing next thing you know you're going to go hiking in the mountains of Iran.

Don't know if you have brass balls or just crazy, I know it's a fine line...Blink

But yeah I must admit it's cool to see your stories and photos.

Thanks for sharing.
Jrewing
3/26/2018 1:23am
Sully wrote:
Haha.
Sunhouse
3/26/2018 4:30am
vetmxr wrote:
did you have to wear protection or safety measures ? They just let you walk around that place and do what you want? How long does...
did you have to wear protection or safety measures ? They just let you walk around that place and do what you want? How long does one spend there....? I'm a long way from there but have interest in the whole Chernobyl thing and on a different level.....the Nazi death camps hold a lot of incredibleness and awe for me if that's even a word...... Its like its almost unbelievable to me until I set foot and see for myself. I'm not a denier.....I just can't comprehend the atrocities........its hard to believe people would do that to other people.....I'd like to hear more of your experiences there.

I've never felt a need to travel to Europe at all, but now that I'm getting older, Some goings on over there and some of your history has me wanting to visit. Especially Omaha beach, death camps.....and Chernobyl.....

I just wish you all didn't talk so funny over there.....LaughingLaughingLaughing I kid.....
You don’t have to wear protective clothing, but no short sleeves or t-shirts. The area is closed off with two perimiters: 30km and 10km. In between there are some random very radioactive areas, so you need a guide. Also, some of the buildings are deteriorating fast, so not all can be entered anymore
Sunhouse
3/26/2018 4:31am
HenryA wrote:
Really cool, that's on my bucket list too to visit Chernobyl while there still is something left there. Give us more pics!
It’s well worth a trip! I’ll poat some more pictures when I get home tonight! Smile
Sunhouse
3/26/2018 4:34am
Sunhouse wrote:
So Syria went down the drain when the cost was jacked up to 4000USD. So I decided to do something a little more budget friendly. Really...

B DUB 333 wrote:
So........ you first choice was Syria.... you a arms dealer or something? And if so, I have a wish list.... where's that yellow cake and my...
So........ you first choice was Syria.... you a arms dealer or something? And if so, I have a wish list.... where's that yellow cake and my briefcase.... I'm gonna go terrorize the terrorists. Sweet vacation spot BTW, thank you for sharing. I too find chernobyl very interesting. And that cold war radar wall is impressive, isn't one of those crazy radio station things right by there that beeps and says crazy stuff since like the 50's that nobody knows why...
It’s called the Soviet Woodpecker. It is an insane thing to see in person, and it is rumored one of the reactors of the plant was built just to power the Duga. Which is insane, as it is a receiver, the sender is far north in Ukraine
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
3/26/2018 6:10am
Sully wrote:
Hello, my name is Sunhouse and

ohiomotoxer
3/26/2018 6:59am
Check out youtuber bionerd23
She has been places there you dont want to go or know about in Chernobyl
Sunhouse
3/26/2018 7:19am
oldblood wrote:
thank you for your continuing International correspondence it is very interesting as always
Thanks! As long as there is interest for it, I will keep sharing Smile
Sunhouse
3/26/2018 7:20am
Sully wrote:
Haha, please don’t! There are so many places left to see :D
Sunhouse
3/26/2018 7:25am
Sully wrote:
G-man wrote:
Haha yeah I was wondering the same thing next thing you know you're going to go hiking in the mountains of Iran. Don't know if you...
Haha yeah I was wondering the same thing next thing you know you're going to go hiking in the mountains of Iran.

Don't know if you have brass balls or just crazy, I know it's a fine line...Blink

But yeah I must admit it's cool to see your stories and photos.

Thanks for sharing.
Hiking in the Iranian mountains is very harmless. It has been my favourite country so far! Everyone should go there. It has received an unfair bad rep in the west imo. Being a visitor there they will care for you like no other place in the world. SO friendly and safe. They like Westerners too, even local mullahs were nice and friendly, shaking my hand on the street in the holy shia city of Mashhad. There is no «kufar» mentality like you find in the Gulf countries
Uncle Tony
3/26/2018 7:27am
I was dating a girl from tromso Norway, at the time and Chernobyl had a big impact on northern Norway
Sunhouse
3/26/2018 7:28am
Sully wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Hello, my name is Sunhouse and [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/03/26/251894/s1200_3a5.jpg[/img]
Hello, my name is Sunhouse and

I was just in Chernobyl for a tan and teeth whitening Tongue
Sunhouse
3/26/2018 7:31am
Uncle Tony wrote:
I was dating a girl from tromso Norway, at the time and Chernobyl had a big impact on northern Norway
That’s right. Sweden got hit pretty bad too. Isn’t your daughter based in Tromsø now? I remember you mentioned it in another post
Uncle Tony
3/26/2018 7:34am
Beautiful country, been there plenty of times, going in October, I'm gonna be a grand dad!!!!
tcannon521
Fantasy
1417th
3/26/2018 12:38pm
Talk about timing!!!! I actually came here today to start a thread asking if you went to Syria or not. I remembered it yesterday and just now got a free moment to inquire.

Hopefully you’ll upload more pictures from this trip as I always enjoy your pictures and commentary.
Sunhouse
3/26/2018 3:54pm
Uncle Tony wrote:
Beautiful country, been there plenty of times, going in October, I'm gonna be a grand dad!!!!
Wow, congratulations! That must be awesome, is it your first grandchild?
My sister worked as police in Skien for a couple of years. Small city, the areas around it are really nice in the summer

Post a reply to: Went to Chernobyl (pics)

The Latest