What's The Best Religion?

TXDirt
Edited Date/Time 8/16/2017 10:16am
|
peelout
8/11/2017 10:47am
i took my lady to The Book Of Mormon broadway show the other night... holy fuck it was hilarious. highly recommend.

10/10 would go again

The Shop

Fantasy
4452nd
8/11/2017 12:22pm Edited Date/Time 8/11/2017 12:58pm
*edit
7 tenets of Satanism

-One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.

-The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.

-One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.

-The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own.

-Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.

-People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused.

-Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.

Evil
JAFO92
8/11/2017 12:50pm Edited Date/Time 8/11/2017 12:52pm
308 wrote:
*edit 7 tenets of Satanism -One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason. -The struggle for justice is...
*edit
7 tenets of Satanism

-One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.

-The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.

-The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own.

-Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.

-People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused.

-Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.

Evil
Heres three more tenants of Satan. Wink

Fantasy
4452nd
8/11/2017 12:57pm
JAFO92 wrote:
Heres three more [i]tenants[/i] of Satan. ;) [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/08/11/209390/s1200_littlenicky.jpg[/img]

haha crap!
JW381
8/11/2017 1:41pm
308 wrote:
*edit 7 tenets of Satanism -One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason. -The struggle for justice is...
*edit
7 tenets of Satanism

Evil
JAFO92 wrote:
Heres three more [i]tenants[/i] of Satan. ;) [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/08/11/209390/s1200_littlenicky.jpg[/img]

Popeyes is fuckin awesome
Samuel
8/11/2017 5:01pm
peelout wrote:
i took my lady to The Book Of Mormon broadway show the other night... holy fuck it was hilarious. highly recommend.

10/10 would go again
I was raised Mormon. Even did the whole mission thing for two years. I saw the south park episode about Joseph Smith and got offended and thought it was all lies. Come to find out, I learned more about the true foundations of Mormonism in ten minutes of south park then I did in 25 years of church. I had to move out of Utah to escape that culture.
7I3N
8/11/2017 5:53pm

Hut
8/11/2017 6:23pm
peelout wrote:

10/10 would go again
Samuel wrote:
I was raised Mormon. Even did the whole mission thing for two years. I saw the south park episode about Joseph Smith and got offended and...
I was raised Mormon. Even did the whole mission thing for two years. I saw the south park episode about Joseph Smith and got offended and thought it was all lies. Come to find out, I learned more about the true foundations of Mormonism in ten minutes of south park then I did in 25 years of church. I had to move out of Utah to escape that culture.

hppylib
8/13/2017 1:10pm
If no one in this thread gets banned, my posting habits are about to change.
Nighttrain
8/13/2017 2:06pm
There's this one:
https://www.theguardian.com/global/2017/aug/13/church-of-cannabis-denve…

"It started, naturally, with a group of friends smoking a joint. Steve Berke, a graduate of Yale University, was temporarily living in an old church in Denver, Colorado. His estate agent parents had bought the 113-year-old building with the plan to turn it into flats. He and Lee Molloy, as well as a few friends, had just moved from Miami to capitalise on Colorado’s lucrative marijuana market. But then, in the words of Lee: “We started having these stupid, fantastical conversations. What if we kept it as a church?” So Steve convinced his parents to give him the building and, nine months later, on 20 April 2016 – 4/20, as it’s known in the United States, the unofficial pothead’s holiday (because it’s 4.20pm somewhere, right?) – the International Church of Cannabis opened its doors with its own chapel, theology and video game arcade"
F.B
8/13/2017 3:23pm
Where I live, missionary Mormons wait at the subway exits and follow you around talking about Jesus even if you don't answer or even look at them. Annoying AF.

Last week one of them was following me and I noticed a Shift logo under his shirt sleeve, I asked him if he was into moto and we ended up talking about freeriding in Cainville, Terrafirma 5 etc...The kid was cool and I felt bad for him as it seemed that he didn't wan't to be here pushing this bullshit.
tickleme20
8/14/2017 12:06pm
Samuel wrote:
I was raised Mormon. Even did the whole mission thing for two years. I saw the south park episode about Joseph Smith and got offended and...
They are hardcore. And for people who have such a "strange" belief system, they tend to be some of the smartest, most down-to-earth religious people I've met (at least around here).

I'm not religious at all but I went through a low point some years ago. Bad breakup, couldn't find a job, just a wreck for a couple of months. A couple of missionaries targeted me and would stop by my apartment several days a week. And you know, they ALMOST had me. They were super cool, smart, and great to just shoot the shit with (actually went pretty light on the religious stuff). It seemed nice to have an organized system where everyone had each other's back, you could meet up with non-slutty chicks, networking opportunities galore, etc.

But in the end, I just couldn't swallow it.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
8/14/2017 2:06pm
Everyone has a religion, they just call it by a different name.
JustMX
8/15/2017 6:14pm
Mine is the best religon.

It teaches tolerance and love for our fellow man.

Now convert or die......
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
8/15/2017 7:06pm
I must say, I tip-toed into this thread fully prepared to see WWIII.
Sully
8/15/2017 8:04pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2017 8:05pm
kzizok wrote:
I avoided it for a while, too, but I looked at the title yesterday and thought, "What's the best religion? Bad Religion!" and TxDirt didn't let me down.
Old-Man
8/15/2017 8:32pm
If you're looking for profit after giving keep looking, if your looking for a tax credit build one, if your looking to cheat, steal, rape & murder look to be a Christian, they go to church on Sunday and all aggressions are forgotten .

Church~ all BS....If you yourself believe in the all mighty you don't need a church to advance your beliefs
ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
8/15/2017 9:06pm
Old-Man wrote:
If you're looking for profit after giving keep looking, if your looking for a tax credit build one, if your looking to cheat, steal, rape &...
If you're looking for profit after giving keep looking, if your looking for a tax credit build one, if your looking to cheat, steal, rape & murder look to be a Christian, they go to church on Sunday and all aggressions are forgotten .

Church~ all BS....If you yourself believe in the all mighty you don't need a church to advance your beliefs
"If you're looking for profit after giving keep looking, if your looking for a tax credit build one, if your looking to cheat, steal, rape & murder look to be a Christian, they go to church on Sunday and all aggressions are forgotten ."

People don't do those things "because" they are Christian, you know that. Just because some folks claim to be
Christian, that doesn't mean they are the flag bearer for the religion.
The best religion is any that help you be a better person and does not try to impose your views on everyone else.
It just so happens that Christianity happens to be one of those. And while some people think it's their responsibility to convert others, that's an incorrect personal choice that's not part of the religion but also gives it a bad rap.
Your only responsibility is to let others know Jesus loves them also and then you're done. However if others ask you questions, you're free to share.
TM

peelout
8/16/2017 12:14am
Bible belt Christian's are the vegan crossfitters of religion
hard2kill
8/16/2017 6:42am
Old-Man wrote:
If you're looking for profit after giving keep looking, if your looking for a tax credit build one, if your looking to cheat, steal, rape &...

ToolMaker wrote:
"If you're looking for profit after giving keep looking, if your looking for a tax credit build one, if your looking to cheat, steal, rape &...
"If you're looking for profit after giving keep looking, if your looking for a tax credit build one, if your looking to cheat, steal, rape & murder look to be a Christian, they go to church on Sunday and all aggressions are forgotten ."

People don't do those things "because" they are Christian, you know that. Just because some folks claim to be
Christian, that doesn't mean they are the flag bearer for the religion.
The best religion is any that help you be a better person and does not try to impose your views on everyone else.
It just so happens that Christianity happens to be one of those. And while some people think it's their responsibility to convert others, that's an incorrect personal choice that's not part of the religion but also gives it a bad rap.
Your only responsibility is to let others know Jesus loves them also and then you're done. However if others ask you questions, you're free to share.
TM

Yep TM is spot on.Christianity is simply about spreading the gospel=(good news). The Christian church is not a place or a building it is simply the Christians, just as Israel is a group of people which sprang up from Abraham, Issac, and Jacob, the last who was renamed Israel hence the term children of Israel

Religion: any cultural system of designated behaviors and practices

Christianity is not a religion at all. There are no behaviors or practices that one can perform to become a Christian, it is a free gift of God made available through the love of his son Jesus.

Additionally some of the things being allowed to continue in this threadUnsure
TXDirt
8/16/2017 8:15am
Well only like 3 people here even got the point of the thread. lol

The struggle is real for all the others...
7I3N
8/16/2017 10:15am
TXDirt wrote:
Well only like 3 people here even got the point of the thread. lol

The struggle is real for all the others...
Well, we’re just a bunch of 21st Century Digital Boys, so...Whistling
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
8/16/2017 2:48pm
kzizok wrote:
Sully wrote:
I avoided it for a while, too, but I looked at the title yesterday and thought, "What's the best religion? Bad Religion!" and TxDirt didn't let...
I avoided it for a while, too, but I looked at the title yesterday and thought, "What's the best religion? Bad Religion!" and TxDirt didn't let me down.
I thought "Bad Religion", too. But wasnt sure so stayed in my safe place for a while!Smile
Old-Man
8/16/2017 5:32pm Edited Date/Time 8/16/2017 5:46pm
Have a lot to say about this subject but as rules state, no talky about religion

Post a reply to: What's The Best Religion?

The Latest