Related:
Create New Tag
jeffro503 jeffro503
9/5/2017 6:34 PM

It's freakin' miserable here. Big fire just North of us where they already started evacuating people about 15mi up. My little brother is about 2mi south and said it really sucks there right now. All my work vans this morning looked like an ashtray. And with me being a dumbass and not watching the news.....first words out of my mouth this morning was ( as I said to my neighbor )....." Who the fuck is the idiot who lit up the huge bon fire last night!!?? " . He then informed me there were some really bad fires up North. Doh!!

The damn ember's crossed a 3/4 mile gap across the Columbia river....and now Washington is on fire.

Looked like a nuclear winter here this morning.

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

JRT812 JRT812
9/5/2017 7:19 PM

Sounds miserable. Hang in there Jeffro!

jeffro503 jeffro503
9/5/2017 7:45 PM

I just took this off my phone. Earlier today it was at 189 , so maybe it's clearing out? I can actually breathe ok here....but where I worked today , my eyes and throat were bugging me all day. I guess this is like what hell would be like on a good day.

Photo

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Hut Hut
9/5/2017 7:49 PM

Yea it is pretty thick here in Grant County Washington too. It sucks, lots of beautiful country and wildlife going up in a blaze all over the west. sad

ledger ledger
9/5/2017 7:51 PM

That's just F'n crazy, if it's not floods it's fire....evacuations everywhere. Stay safe Jeffro !!

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

jeffro503 jeffro503
9/5/2017 8:20 PM
ledger wrote:

That's just F'n crazy, if ...more

You bet Ledge!! If I hear sirens going off......I'll load up my moto van with all the important stuff and hit the road! Christ I hope it doesn't come to that. So weird tonight at about 6pm , I could stare strait at the sun and it was like looking through a welders helmet. Still had another 3 hr before it was going to set. Weird orange / pink haze over everything.

I lived through 3" of volcanic ash from mt St Helens when I saw that fucker blow.....this shouldn't be near as bad.

Old-Man Old-Man
9/5/2017 8:29 PM

It's been hazy smoke looking here last few days. Must be a big one

JW381 JW381
9/5/2017 8:33 PM

Yeah its nasty, it looks like Apocalypse Now outside.

Osama Bin Mixin - Head of the 2-stroke Taliban

Reese95w Reese95w
9/5/2017 9:26 PM

Last night when the outside temp got below the temp inside my townhouse, I opened up the sliding glass door to the deck to cool down the place overnight. The screen door was shut and my bedroom window open upstairs. There was a slight draft blowing thru my place, up the stairs. This morning when I went downstairs I found ash all over my new floor, about halfway to the kitchen area. The strange thing, most of the ash clumps were larger than the mesh on my screen door. The ash came thru the screen and then collated into bigger chucks. Strange. I guess I won’t open things up again tonight when it cools off. I can’t wait for it to dump rain and wash all the dust and ash out of the air. And of course lessen the fire danger for everybody.

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

kzizok kzizok
9/5/2017 9:58 PM

Hard to believe but it is here also. I remember Mt. St. Helens ash when I was a kid too.

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

jeffro503 jeffro503
9/5/2017 11:08 PM

The air got a little worse but is suppose to get better. Photo

omalley omalley
9/6/2017 6:36 AM

Now saying the gorge fire caused by a 15 yo and his buddies lighting off fireworks...

MR. X MR. X
9/6/2017 8:08 AM
jeffro503 wrote:

You bet Ledge!! If I hear ...more

Was that the most recent eruption ? I remember seeing a documentary on the big one (30ish years ago maybe) it was dark outside during the day from all the ash. Super scary looking.

seth505 seth505
9/6/2017 8:16 AM

My buddy and his family took off from Bend, OR to get away from the ash and shit. Stay safe man

Tumblin Tumblin
9/6/2017 8:21 AM

Living on the edge of Nor Cal and So Oregon we're a month into it,
BUT! there's a light drizzle coming down now...however also means there were or will be more lightning strikes to contend with.
Probably another month of this shit to put up with, I am thankful for work travel for a change! (was that a pun?)

Homey55 Homey55
9/6/2017 9:19 AM

The AQI has been all over the place here, anywhere from 97-300. Yesterday and today have been the worst, though. We tried to escape the smoke 2 weeks ago in Gold Beach with no luck and tried again last weekend in Eureka. There is no escaping it!

This was my drive home at 5:00 yesterday...
Photo

captmoto captmoto
9/6/2017 9:28 AM

My son is in SW Portland. He bought a portable AC and is able to close up when he is home.

The older I get, the faster I was.

kzizok kzizok
9/6/2017 10:30 AM
kzizok wrote:

Hard to believe but it is ...more

Photo

Photo

Photo

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Hut Hut
9/6/2017 6:57 PM

I can walk about 100 yards out the back door and find piles of St Helens ash still on the ground. Probably about an inch and half layer on the desert floor here in the Potholes

Hut Hut
9/6/2017 7:06 PM

Here is a shot I took the other day with the Nikon. Pray it snows early this year.
Photo

APLMAN99 APLMAN99
9/6/2017 8:01 PM
jeffro503 wrote:

The air got a little worse ...more

What app are you using for that? It'd be interesting to see what our levels are. It's pretty shitty quality-wise right now, and it's one thing the docs told my wife to avoid by staying inside the rest of this week. I changed both filters on our central air system about a week early because of all this crud.

Hut Hut
9/6/2017 8:19 PM
APLMAN99 wrote:

What app are you using for ...more

I'd like to know what app that is also??? Here is what I have been looking at lately https://www.wunderground.com/us/wa/moses-lake/zmw:98837.1.99999/health?hdf=1

Photo

I hope your wife is feeling better.

JW381 JW381
9/6/2017 8:25 PM

Multnomah falls burning sad

Osama Bin Mixin - Head of the 2-stroke Taliban

APLMAN99 APLMAN99
9/6/2017 8:43 PM

Holy crap, I knew it was bad in Wenatchee but didn't realize that the air quality was THIS bad! I've been having my foreman pass out filter masks to anyone who asked for them the last couple of summers, I think tomorrow I need to start requiring folks to use them! If the level is 282 right now, I bet it was at least 10-20% higher during the worst part of the day.

Photo

APLMAN99 APLMAN99
9/6/2017 8:58 PM
JW381 wrote:

Multnomah falls burning sad

The lodge itself? Or just the vegetation around the falls? I guess I was hoping that it wasn't the lodge, but realistically that can be replicated/replaced sooner than the decades and perhaps centuries it could take for the vegetation.

What about Crown Point?

scooter5002 scooter5002
9/6/2017 9:39 PM

Climbing Roger's Pass this morning. There's a dump truck 1/4 mile in front of me. Almost put my charcoal filter mask on, that I use for unloading grain. Nasty. Can't imagine what those front line guys deal with, inhaling that all day. Photo

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry