Wrist HR monitors?

Mx746
I’ve always used the polar w chest strap, would like to ditch the strap and use wrist monitor if they’re accurate enough. Any experiences appreciated. Thanks
|
Carrie998
1/11/2019 10:56am
From my experience a wrist heart rate monitor doesn't do a very good with fast heart rate changes. I used to run with my Garmin 235 (has a wrist HR) and used my polar chest strap that would blue tooth to the treadmill. My heart rate being tracked from the strap would start to climb sooner and fall sooner. The wrist would eventually get to the same heart rate but would take longer. Also the strap would pick up spikes in my heart like if I was going up a slight incline then back to flat whereas the wrist would not. I feel like the wrist HR are good for everyday use, ie going for a walk or just seeing an approximation of calories burned in a day. But I feel that if you are wanting to track you HR for fitness improvements I would stick to a chest strap. All that being said I am in no way an expert, I am sure there are others that will chime in that have much more knowledge on the subject, this is just my opinion.

Post a reply to: Wrist HR monitors?

The Latest