GNCC Racing Question

Anonymous (not verified)
Does anyone know how many throwaway races there are in the GNCC series (amateur classes) I looked around their website and could find an answer. I would like to attempt to do this series but I don't think I could do the first 3-4 rounds because a) they are too far for me and b) it's frozen tundra for me at that time of the year. I would not be in riding shape that's for sure.
|
11/4/2017 8:25am
I'm not sure about the throw aways.
I would say if I had ANY chance to ride/race ANY GNCC race...I'd take it.
I'm an occasional racer if a good opportunity comes up, was able to race the GNCC at Loretta Lynns a couple years back, it was a blast.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1942nd
11/4/2017 1:43pm
Anonymous wrote:
Does anyone know how many throwaway races there are in the GNCC series (amateur classes) I looked around their website and could find an answer. I...
Does anyone know how many throwaway races there are in the GNCC series (amateur classes) I looked around their website and could find an answer. I would like to attempt to do this series but I don't think I could do the first 3-4 rounds because a) they are too far for me and b) it's frozen tundra for me at that time of the year. I would not be in riding shape that's for sure.
You have 4 throwaways. You must compete in 9 events to qualify for a year end award. Those 9 events must be in the same discipline (quad or bike), but they don't have to be in the same class. Example: I could have run 7 rounds in 40+B, and 2 rounds in 45+B, and still qualified for a award in 40+B. However, all the rounds count towards your overall standings, which determines your earned number for next season. Also, in the GNCC points standings, as soon as you race 9 events, they start doing your drops. So they are already accounted for if you did more than 9 events.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1942nd
11/4/2017 1:46pm
For the record I'm planning on doing most, if not all of the GNCC events in 2018. If you want to hit one, let me know. We might be able to pool our resources, and share expenses from Ohio south at least.
fins227
11/5/2017 12:07pm
Don't forget to check out KR4 arrive and ride program. It may work for you

The Shop

Steadman
11/6/2017 6:37am
Anonymous wrote:
Does anyone know how many throwaway races there are in the GNCC series (amateur classes) I looked around their website and could find an answer. I...
You have 4 throwaways. You must compete in 9 events to qualify for a year end award. Those 9 events must be in the same discipline...
You have 4 throwaways. You must compete in 9 events to qualify for a year end award. Those 9 events must be in the same discipline (quad or bike), but they don't have to be in the same class. Example: I could have run 7 rounds in 40+B, and 2 rounds in 45+B, and still qualified for a award in 40+B. However, all the rounds count towards your overall standings, which determines your earned number for next season. Also, in the GNCC points standings, as soon as you race 9 events, they start doing your drops. So they are already accounted for if you did more than 9 events.
Excellent. Thanks for getting back to me. So a person's best nine rounds are what determines a class championship? I have a lot of logistics to figure out before I can commit myself to the series. The biggest being some sort of health insurance. I appreciate the offer on the potential car pool! I may hit you up later for some more info and such. Thank you!
Steadman
11/6/2017 6:38am
I'm not sure about the throw aways. I would say if I had ANY chance to ride/race ANY GNCC race...I'd take it. I'm an occasional racer...
I'm not sure about the throw aways.
I would say if I had ANY chance to ride/race ANY GNCC race...I'd take it.
I'm an occasional racer if a good opportunity comes up, was able to race the GNCC at Loretta Lynns a couple years back, it was a blast.
Excellent. I've heard good things about GNCC racing. I have to try it.
Steadman
11/6/2017 6:39am
fins227 wrote:
Don't forget to check out KR4 arrive and ride program. It may work for you
Great idea! I'm going to contact them this week.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1942nd
11/6/2017 2:53pm
Steadman wrote:
Great idea! I'm going to contact them this week.
You're welcome. The KR4 Arrive and Ride is a really nice program....a bit pricey for me though. You do need to consider that you have to be an AMA member to compete in GNCC. Not exactly certain how all that works, as you're Canadian. The AMA does have information on where you can obtain insurance to cover you while competing. If you need any other info feel free to hit me up!
Ryguy125
2/3/2018 9:54pm
harescrambled: You ever race any of the local series around here? AWRCS or EROC?
harescrambled
Fantasy
1942nd
2/4/2018 10:40am
Ryguy125 wrote:
harescrambled: You ever race any of the local series around here? AWRCS or EROC?
I do. I run some AWRCS and EROC events. I'm also a member at Western Reserve M/C club, which hosts EROC events
Ryguy125
2/4/2018 7:49pm
Ryguy125 wrote:
I do. I run some AWRCS and EROC events. I'm also a member at Western Reserve M/C club, which hosts EROC events
The EROC at WRMC was a complete mudder last year. What a shit show lol
harescrambled
Fantasy
1942nd
2/4/2018 8:09pm
Ryguy125 wrote:
The EROC at WRMC was a complete mudder last year. What a shit show lol
The harescramble....I know. It sucked. I didn't run it...I was in the woods trying to maintain course markers. The MXC was prime though, and a blast!

Post a reply to: GNCC Racing Question

The Latest