Getting new boots

Edited Date/Time 2/14/2019 8:35pm
About to by my self a pair of first time boots, am looking at the alpinestar tech 7 and the sidi X-3, was wondering if anyone had any idea on which would be best for mainly trail/off-road riding I don't go to hardcore or race so just want best support and comfort. Want them to also last me as long as possible so not sure which are best choice, cheers
|
ramfl90
10/1/2018 1:16pm
I recently bought a pair of Tech 7's and race hare scrambles. They feel very light and are extremely comfortable in my opinion, but the soles do not feel nearly as durable as my other pair of boots (Gaerne SG12). Have probably 5 rides total (only 1 race so far) on them and the soles are already getting somewhat tore up. Worth noting I have aftermarket pegs but they aren't extremely sharp by any means. I haven't ever tried Sidi's so I can't give any advice on them.
10/1/2018 3:10pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2018 3:59pm
tech 7 enduros , got a pair recently, i chewed up my fox comp8 in 15hours of enduro riding. My dealer recommended the Tech 7 enduro version. They have a softer/stickier rubber sole with thread to grip in the mud.
Kanewel433
10/16/2018 11:18am
ramfl90 wrote:
I recently bought a pair of Tech 7's and race hare scrambles. They feel very light and are extremely comfortable in my opinion, but the soles...
I recently bought a pair of Tech 7's and race hare scrambles. They feel very light and are extremely comfortable in my opinion, but the soles do not feel nearly as durable as my other pair of boots (Gaerne SG12). Have probably 5 rides total (only 1 race so far) on them and the soles are already getting somewhat tore up. Worth noting I have aftermarket pegs but they aren't extremely sharp by any means. I haven't ever tried Sidi's so I can't give any advice on them.
I'd agree with RAMFL, above.. If we're talking comfort, the tech 7's are by far the most comfortable boot I've ever worn. Tech 7's fit true to size, the 10's felt a little bigger to me. That being said, the Alpinestars soles do seem to chew up a bit quicker than other brands (especially if you have a kick start bike and hit your foot on the peg during the down stroke).
**side note** the Astars have a narrower calve cuff than the Gaerne's. I have larger calves and wear knee braces, so I struggle to buckle them. The SG12's have a larger cuff, and fit my braced legs better. The toe profile and material is thinner so I feel that shifting is easier in these.

My SG12 boots have held up through more abuse and are still going strong. Albeit, they're not AS comfortable as the Astars. I put some cheap in-soles in them and that helped some. The toe box is a hard plastic and doesn't allow for much sensitivity when shifting. not a deal breaker, just nitpicking at this point.

Waterproofing seems to be nearly the same. The Gaerne sole has a sharper/steeper heel profile and I find that this gives me a little bit better grip when walking in the woods (or trying to lift the bike in slippery conditions after falling). I also like that the gaerne has a metal toe and have found it to be helpful when trying to walk up a steep hill climb.

The next boots I get will be the Tech 7 enduro model with the more aggressive sole.

PTECH
12/24/2018 10:43am
I'm using tech 7 enduros as well. Awesome, comfortable boots, no complaints.

The Shop

seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
1/4/2019 10:34am
I wear tech10 boots offroad as well as mx but originally planned on getting tech7 for offroad. Either are great options.
bernnet
1/13/2019 9:52pm
Both are comfortable for sure but it really depends on the shape of your feet (if narrow or wide).
BAMX
2/14/2019 8:35pm
One on my buddies is importing these so, I have been running them for about a year. IMO...For the price, they are better than than the Tech 7's (of which I have had many pairs). The are super light , have good support and the sole is bullet proof (especially compared to Tech 7's, it isn't even close).

Pacific Powersports Falco Boots

Post a reply to: Getting new boots

The Latest