Related:
Create New Tag
Jmicmoto13 Jmicmoto13
2/14/2018 4:31 PM

Great start to a new video series from Ride365. Very interesting 10 minute video on Kailub’s 2017 season. I wasn’t aware of the online bashing he was receiving. I remember reading DC getting on here and say a word or two but I don’t recall accusations being hurled.

navalseabee navalseabee
2/15/2018 12:30 PM

Huh really good so far. I dont think i heard much talk about cheating last year, im not really sure what hes talking about.

harescrambled harescrambled
2/20/2018 2:55 PM

KR was getting bashed pretty hard in social media last season..it wasn't any other rider that was bashing him, it was more fans of other riders. Pretty much started when his main competition was penalized for taking a line that didn't comply with the rules. Then KR took a line at a race that appeared at first glance to be out of compliance with the rules. Social media then went bananas with people saying he wouldn't be penalized because he was related, and all the usual nonsense that comes up. It actually got pretty ugly for a bit. In fact, GNCC Pro rules now state the following:

GPS Devices: Upon request by GNCC Race Officials, Pro competitors must wear GPS devices during competition. All such GPS devices will be provided by GNCC Racing and must be returned immediately upon completion of the race. Competitors will be responsible for the safe return of the device.

I firmly suspect that the BS last year led to the above mentioned rule.

Many thanks to everyone helping me out this GNCC season: SRT Offroad, Acerbis, FCR Suspension, O'Neal Racing, Evans Waterless Coolants, Rekluse, Twin Air, Braking Brakes, Carbsport

Profile image credit Ken Hill Photography

RCF RCF
2/20/2018 5:01 PM

So if they suspect you of cheating you must wear GPS or are they making everyone wear a GPS

Stuntman949 Stuntman949
2/21/2018 7:42 AM

Its been cool to watch him at the Big 6 series here out west. Completely different world for him

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

sam hain sam hain
2/22/2018 6:51 AM

I don't know if he cheated or not, but this can't be that big of a surprise (being called out). His dad builds/cuts the tracks, his family owns the series. Haters don't have to look to far for something to bitch about.

2/22/2018 9:23 AM
RCF wrote:

So if they suspect you of ...more

Don't know the criteria. The rule says at the request of the promotor or some such. Not sure what the criteria is, they provide the good device, and it's for Pro class only

Many thanks to everyone helping me out this GNCC season: SRT Offroad, Acerbis, FCR Suspension, O'Neal Racing, Evans Waterless Coolants, Rekluse, Twin Air, Braking Brakes, Carbsport

RCF RCF
2/22/2018 11:45 AM
RCF wrote:

So if they suspect you of ...more

harescrambled wrote:

Don't know the criteria. ...more

My son is an XC2 rider that's why I was wondering , last year at Iron Man they had all pro riders test what I thought was new transponders I wonder if it was actually the GPS .you can see it in the below picture strapped to his forks after the race there was an official waiting to remove it from the bike

sPhoto

2/22/2018 2:20 PM
RCF wrote:

My son is an XC2 rider ...more

I'm gonna stick my neck out, and say that my impression is that any class which is specifically governed by the separate GNCC Pro Rules would be subject to the GPS rule. That would include XC1/XC2 bike or Quad, XC3 Bike, WXC Bike, and 4X4 Pro Quad. Not really a big deal though unless one habitually cuts the course.

RCF RCF
2/22/2018 2:29 PM
harescrambled wrote:

Don't know the criteria. ...more

RCF wrote:

My son is an XC2 rider ...more

harescrambled wrote:

I'm gonna stick my neck ...more

I agree ,I'm all four measures to keep everything Fair, especially when it doesn't cost you nothing.

MJC MJC
2/22/2018 5:17 PM
sam hain wrote:

I don't know if he cheated ...more

And I think a lot of people apply the fuckhead test;
I respect the shit out of his skills on the bike, but he doesn't come across as any dude I'd like to have a beer with.
Along with your points above, I think a little bit of this applies when people rag on riders, and I certainly do it a little subconsciously.
I don't condone abuse of anyone on social media etc as it is cowardly

2/22/2018 6:01 PM
MJC wrote:

And I think a lot of ...more

You met him in person? I have. Ive also had the guy go by me pinned, a few feet off the ground WFO with one foot on the peg. So ya...mad respect. He's also a nice personable guy. That being said when I usually see him it's just about go time so he's all business

MJC MJC
2/22/2018 6:06 PM
harescrambled wrote:

You met him in person? I ...more

Of course I haven't met him and that was my point.
No denying his skills on the bike that is for sure

RCF RCF
2/22/2018 6:18 PM
MJC wrote:

And I think a lot of ...more

harescrambled wrote:

You met him in person? I ...more

MJC wrote:

Of course I haven't met ...more

He's actually a good guy , at the banquet we had a kid at our table that was a fan, my son asked him to come over and talk to him and he spent quite a bit of time talking to the kid.
Photo

RCF RCF
2/22/2018 6:46 PM

MJC. This is the guy you want to have a beer with , you know somebody rocking a sweet ass mullet like that has to be fun to drink with.

Photo

Jmicmoto13 Jmicmoto13
2/22/2018 7:27 PM
RCF wrote:

MJC. This is the guy you ...more

Haha Stew is the man.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry