Mudder race bike prep?

cityjack
1/25/2018 7:45am
Hey all,

I have a mud race coming up this weekend probably. I'm looking for any input on bike prep for the mud race.

Thanks

sid
|
navalseabee
1/25/2018 7:56am
Foam between the skid plate and engine, foam between the brake pedal and engine case, foam between shifter and engine case, foam or net or some sort of skin to keep the radiators from clogging. I forget who but one company makes stick on thin foam pads for underneath the fenders to stop mud from sticking. I just raced a really nasty wet race last weekend. I wish I would have taken my own advice about the shifter and brake pedal, I could make it about 5 minutes before so much mud build up and my shift lever wouldn't return after clicking up or down a gear.
cityjack
1/25/2018 8:36am
Foam between the skid plate and engine, foam between the brake pedal and engine case, foam between shifter and engine case, foam or net or some...
Foam between the skid plate and engine, foam between the brake pedal and engine case, foam between shifter and engine case, foam or net or some sort of skin to keep the radiators from clogging. I forget who but one company makes stick on thin foam pads for underneath the fenders to stop mud from sticking. I just raced a really nasty wet race last weekend. I wish I would have taken my own advice about the shifter and brake pedal, I could make it about 5 minutes before so much mud build up and my shift lever wouldn't return after clicking up or down a gear.
Thank you sir. How in the world do you keep the foam in between the cases and the shifter and brake pedal?

Thanks

Sid
navalseabee
1/25/2018 9:34am
get a piece that barley fits and shove it in there. zip tie it to the shifter
cityjack
1/25/2018 11:14am
Ahhhhh, gotcha. Thanks. I'm presently searching our plant for some open cell foam to use for in between the crankcase and skid plate. Any ideas there?

Sid

The Shop

navalseabee
1/27/2018 4:07am
rmatvmc, hobby lobby maybe joann fabrics

Post a reply to: Mudder race bike prep?

The Latest