Ohlins or WP kit suspension

vdrsnk04
Fantasy
4295th
I have a 2018 TX300. I need to revalve my stock shock to accommodate my riding conditions. The rebound won't go slow enough for the sandy/deep whoop place i race harescrambles at. But i also ride a lot of dirt single track stuff. I've decided i'll take the plunge and see if the kit suspension is what it's hyped to be. So i am either going with a WP CV 48 and reworked stock WP shock from Powerband Racing, or i'll be doing Ohlins RXF 48s forks with a Ohlins FLOW TTX46 shock from Fast Bike Industries.

Anyone have input if they have ran both setups and which they liked better for enduro/harescramble type riding with a little sand mx mixed in?
|
9/19/2018 12:40pm
I ran the exact same conditions with same suspension. Went to the Ohlins from FBI and they were a huge improvement! David is a great support resource also.
vdrsnk04
Fantasy
4295th
9/19/2018 12:54pm
I ran the exact same conditions with same suspension. Went to the Ohlins from FBI and they were a huge improvement! David is a great support...
I ran the exact same conditions with same suspension. Went to the Ohlins from FBI and they were a huge improvement! David is a great support resource also.
Did you notice a big difference versus running your stock WP air forks and shock? As in a $4K kind of difference lol?
9/19/2018 1:26pm
Yeah! I hated my bike with the air fork. In the sandy whooped out stuff to hard pack desert whoops it just bounced like crazy, couldn’t slow the rebound down enough. Some people can ride them with No problem but I hated them. After the Ohlins I could run the same stuff hard, the bike turned better and tracked straight in the tech rocky single track too.
I have moved on to another setup now but on my 18 250 xc it made me love the bike.
vdrsnk04
Fantasy
4295th
9/20/2018 10:04am
Thanks. That is exactly what i can describe my feeling on my current setup. With video backing it up showing exactly what i feel and you describe, it's just so bouncy! Trying to throw you off the bike.

The Shop

RCF
9/25/2018 7:04am
It sounds like you have to heavy of rear spring for your weight. My son's fiance just went through the same thing , she bought a new 19 the thing almost put her over the bars a few times, put a lighter spring on problem fixed.

Post a reply to: Ohlins or WP kit suspension

The Latest