Workout Ideas?

TJungers22
I'm a college student and have put on quite a few calories from well... you get the point. I usually race hare scrambles and GPs in Open B. At this point I know I can't last 2 and a half hours at race pace on a bike. What are your workout routines? Diets with Busch light included? Thank you!
|
duckdog77
2/15/2020 4:55am Edited Date/Time 2/15/2020 4:55am
Tuesday/Thursday 30 minute rowing or cycle watching heart rate zones. 30 minute weight session. Saturday 10-15 minute row cycle w/ leg day. Sunday I play ice hockey in the winters. Will be replaced by riding or mountain biking on the weekends in the summer. And leg day will get a little less routine but still a couple times a month.

My Motos are 1 hour. Same as you race Open B and do GP’s. This works well for those and my hockey. But I plan To do a 2 hour GNCC this year so I will be backing off the weights and doing more cardio in those sessions as I get ready for that. New born baby at home only time I get the gym is at 4 in the morning before work.

Diet. We eat clean at our house. Only meat from a local butcher, Fresh produce, watch calories, Very little to no soda, try not to eat bread but I love it so I just watch my intake of it. But we do reward ourselves as life is too short. Hockey days we will grab wings and beer as I burn a lot of calories on Sunday. So that’s my favorite day of the week. Wings beer and hockey with no remorse!

Alcohol. When I was young I drank lots of beer and didn’t care. Now I can’t really drink beer with the healthier lifestyle it just hurts too bad. I’ll have a drink or two through the week. Normally whiskey as beer makes me feel puffy. And maybe a couple at a dinner on the weekends. But I really don’t care for it any more. ultimately for the best gains the less alcohol the better. I’m pretty sure if you must drink a vodka mix drink would be the least calories. Vodka/cranberry, Bloody Mary (has some vitamins) screwdriver. Those and a glass of whiskey/diet are my go to. Beer has tons of calories and other crap that is no good for a healthier lifestyle. Again I still drink it but as limited as possible.
ElliotB16
2/17/2020 7:35am
Build your cardio up first, eat lean and shed a few pounds and push yourself in practice and try to run your race pace
Tuna
2/17/2020 9:42am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2020 9:46am
Ya gotta ride for the race. If you are running 2 hour races I would be spending 2 hours on the road bike, CX bike, MTB. Also do some riding on the race bike at race pace for at least an hour. I train in the gym on the rower, stationary bike and weights. Off season I work on strength training, usually gain some weight. As the season approaches I do more endurance based strength training and start to lean out. This year I decided to add more muscle. Not sure how that will translate on the bike. Personally I think the best training for offroad racing is to ride a lot and mix in MX practice as much as you can. Our local pro class is 2 hours and plus 40 is 90 min.

Post a reply to: Workout Ideas?

The Latest