1984 Honda frame color?

z71will
Edited Date/Time 3/29/2018 11:27am
Getting the frame powder coated on my 1984 Honda cr80. I know the stock color is flash red but when I was there they didn't have that color. We got some samples and held them up to my OEM restored gas tank and the color that matched the best was Cabot orange. My bike and plastics seem to look orange even though the color is flash red? Also sometimes it does look red but other times it's orange. Also if I look up online some of the bikes are red and some are orange. I need to know if I should change my color from Cabot orange to something else or is that color pretty spot on?
|
Rocky739
9/26/2017 3:35pm
If it matches don't worry about the name they call it.
z71will
9/26/2017 3:56pm
Rocky739 wrote:
If it matches don't worry about the name they call it.
Can you look up the two colors and see how they compare? They seem to have a very slight difference and I want more than one opinion on it. Also how come some look red and some look orange?
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
9/26/2017 4:37pm
It's very difficult to make distinctions that align with reality based on photos given the lack of color accuracy across printed images. The flash red Hondas 83-87 definitely were more orangey than the earlier Tahitian red (through 82) and later Fighting Red (88-89)
macolmedo
9/26/2017 5:31pm
z71will wrote:
Getting the frame powder coated on my 1984 Honda cr80. I know the stock color is flash red but when I was there they didn't have...
Getting the frame powder coated on my 1984 Honda cr80. I know the stock color is flash red but when I was there they didn't have that color. We got some samples and held them up to my OEM restored gas tank and the color that matched the best was Cabot orange. My bike and plastics seem to look orange even though the color is flash red? Also sometimes it does look red but other times it's orange. Also if I look up online some of the bikes are red and some are orange. I need to know if I should change my color from Cabot orange to something else or is that color pretty spot on?
Hi

Go to
http://www.allpowderpaints.com/powder-coating-colors/honda-flash-red/
I used that company when I did my 1980 cr80 Tahitian red and the match was perfect
Excellent quality powders

The Shop

ktm_kev
3/29/2018 11:27am
z71will wrote:
Getting the frame powder coated on my 1984 Honda cr80. I know the stock color is flash red but when I was there they didn't have...
macolmedo wrote:
Hi Go to http://www.allpowderpaints.com/powder-coating-colors/honda-flash-red/ I used that company when I did my 1980 cr80 Tahitian red and the match was perfect Excellent quality powders[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/09/26/216871/s1200_952.jpg[/img]
Hi

Go to
http://www.allpowderpaints.com/powder-coating-colors/honda-flash-red/
I used that company when I did my 1980 cr80 Tahitian red and the match was perfect
Excellent quality powders

Hey malcolmedo. LOVE LOVE the bike!!! That color looks awesome and seems to be a great match! I'm going to go with All Powder Paints' Flash Red for my '86 CR250. Couple questions though: What texture and level of gloss did you use? Also, how much powder did you need to complete the whole bike? Any more pics of your bike? Thanks in advance
3/29/2018 12:25pm
For the "orange" era Honda's the correct frame colour is RAL 2002. It's NOT the same colour as the plastics.
It's looks really weird when it's just the bare frame, It's a kinda pinky/orange. Once the plastics start to go on it all starts to look right.

For the earlier twinshocks and the later 88/89's the correct frame colour is RAL3020

Stevie

Post a reply to: 1984 Honda frame color?

The Latest