84 YZ 250L Hose job

oldsocalmxr
Edited Date/Time 1/2/2019 7:43am
Trying to eliminate the poor radiator hose set-up on my YZ. Have tried to call a couple of the people that make these silicone hoses for the newer bikes. Most have no clue as to what they are selling, much less any dimensions of their products. I am pretty sure I can adapt some of the newer "Y" hoses to the old YZ..... just need some dimensions so I don't have to guess and buy multiple kits to work this out. Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks!
Mike

|
8/12/2017 11:55am
Try Motohose guy goes by lumpy on boards here. I think he does older stuff.
oldsocalmxr
8/13/2017 10:23am
Halfast816 wrote:
Try Motohose guy goes by lumpy on boards here. I think he does older stuff.
Thanks! Will give it a go........
lumpy790
8/18/2017 6:47am
We have them in stock however I was just released from 25 days in hospital and will take some time to return to work.
oldsocalmxr
8/18/2017 6:56am
lumpy790 wrote:
We have them in stock however I was just released from 25 days in hospital and will take some time to return to work.
Sorry about your stay in the hospital..... hope you make a complete recovery.

When you are able, would like to replace the OE set-up on my YZ with your hoses.....preferably with "Y" hoses to eliminate all the hose clamps and related joints.

Thank you for your time!

Mike

The Shop

Madmax31
Fantasy
91st
8/18/2017 8:19am
Sorry about your stay in the hospital..... hope you make a complete recovery. When you are able, would like to replace the OE set-up on my...
Sorry about your stay in the hospital..... hope you make a complete recovery.

When you are able, would like to replace the OE set-up on my YZ with your hoses.....preferably with "Y" hoses to eliminate all the hose clamps and related joints.

Thank you for your time!

Mike
Hope you're doing better!

Count me in for a set also. Pretty sure my 83 YZ 250 is the same setup. Thanks.
oldsocalmxr
8/24/2017 8:43am
Spoke with Steven at MotoHose today...... Very knowledgeable and forthcoming guy! He said he may have some hoses that would fit the bike. Should know something in a week or two. Will keep you informed. Looking forward to modernizing the hose setup on the YZ!!!Woohoo
9/4/2017 1:03am
I'd like two sets please Steve.
I sent you an email a little while ago.
I am in Australia.
Was after a set for my 83 YZ250 and one for my 89 YZ250.
Thanks
lumpy790
9/5/2017 1:13pm
These were made with OEM hoses but there was a little issue that I wanted to mount them on a set of 89 radiators to test. The OEM top Y hose IM must have grown as the hoses are slightly oversized and I used a set of heat shrink to make the fitting slightly larger. I have them installed and pressure testing to test it and I put in enough to pop the radiator cap open.

I am sending oldsocalmxr a set for him to put on a running bike to thourally test them.

oldsocalmxr
9/6/2017 12:45pm
lumpy790 wrote:
These were made with OEM hoses but there was a little issue that I wanted to mount them on a set of 89 radiators to test...
These were made with OEM hoses but there was a little issue that I wanted to mount them on a set of 89 radiators to test. The OEM top Y hose IM must have grown as the hoses are slightly oversized and I used a set of heat shrink to make the fitting slightly larger. I have them installed and pressure testing to test it and I put in enough to pop the radiator cap open.

I am sending oldsocalmxr a set for him to put on a running bike to thourally test them.

Perfect timing!! Just sent the front forks to Noleen for revalve. Good time to install the hoses and check things out!
Thanks again Lumpy790!!

Mike

9/8/2017 12:18am
lumpy790 wrote:
These were made with OEM hoses but there was a little issue that I wanted to mount them on a set of 89 radiators to test...

Am I able to get two sets? I need one for an 83 and one for an 89, happy to pay for both if postage is included?

Thanks Steve
lumpy790
9/10/2017 9:32am
lumpy790 wrote:

Am I able to get two sets? I need one for an 83 and one for an 89, happy to pay for both if postage is...
Am I able to get two sets? I need one for an 83 and one for an 89, happy to pay for both if postage is included?

Thanks Steve
This YZ250 set is only going to be sold after it has been tested.

Our orders for $100+ in USA get free shipping. All foreign orders have to be paid for and have to be shipped with USPS shipping that has tracking. Sorry.
9/11/2017 5:22am
lumpy790 wrote:

Am I able to get two sets? I need one for an 83 and one for an 89, happy to pay for both if postage is...

Thanks Steve
lumpy790 wrote:
This YZ250 set is only going to be sold after it has been tested. Our orders for $100+ in USA get free shipping. All foreign orders...

Our orders for $100+ in USA get free shipping. All foreign orders have to be paid for and have to be shipped with USPS shipping that has tracking. Sorry.
Steve do I just place an order through the website and make a note as to the sets I want?
How far off are they from being ready?
Thanks
lumpy790
9/12/2017 4:59pm

Thanks Steve
lumpy790 wrote:
This YZ250 set is only going to be sold after it has been tested. Our orders for $100+ in USA get free shipping. All foreign orders...

Steve do I just place an order through the website and make a note as to the sets I want? How far off are they from...
Steve do I just place an order through the website and make a note as to the sets I want?
How far off are they from being ready?
Thanks
I expect a couple weeks. You chose the model and color when placing the order on www.MotoHose.com
oldsocalmxr
9/20/2017 7:57am
Got the hoses in! They look great! Will install them as soon as my forks get back from Noleen. Can't roll it back to the lift at the moment Wink

lumpy790
9/24/2017 9:11am
Got the hoses in! They look great! Will install them as soon as my forks get back from Noleen. Can't roll it back to the lift...
Got the hoses in! They look great! Will install them as soon as my forks get back from Noleen. Can't roll it back to the lift at the moment Wink

Was wondering if you had tested the fitment.

Do you have a pressure system test system you can pressure test with?
oldsocalmxr
9/25/2017 6:56am
Yes sir, I do. Will pressure check the install, and do a running check as well........
lumpy790
10/19/2017 12:40pm
I am so glad oldsociamxr agreed to test fit this model for us on his 1984 YZ for us I was skeptical on the 100% fitment. oldsociamxr is a very skilled motorcycle mechanic and was able to install them with the necessary trimming that we purposely added in order for this kit to fit from 1983 to 1989

Over time We bought the used stock hoses off eBay and we discovered that there were a coupe fitment complications after production. The stock hoses must have stretched at the top radiator fit and one of the bottom Y hoses must have been removed and reinstalled at an off angle.

We like our kits to have easy installation so because of the difficulty an average person may have with installation we decided to discontinue this model.
bultokid
10/22/2017 3:02pm
Any chance of doing up set for '84 Husky 250CR ? Have set of oem....Thanks---Rhett

Bought a '86 Husky from you couple years ago iirc

lumpy790
10/24/2017 6:47pm
bultokid wrote:
Any chance of doing up set for '84 Husky 250CR ? Have set of oem....Thanks---Rhett

You are the 1st to ask so I doubt there is enough demand.
bultokid
10/25/2017 10:09am
bultokid wrote:

lumpy790 wrote:
You are the 1st to ask so I doubt there is enough demand.
Yes Sir, don't believe so either, '84 CR was a one year only design The guy in China that sells on ebay said he'd do radiator and hoses if sent to him but not so sure of that route. Thanks any way......'87 Husky 430CR hoses by chance ?
lumpy790
1/2/2019 7:18am
Yes sir, I do. Will pressure check the install, and do a running check as well........
How did the hoses work out?
oldsocalmxr
1/2/2019 7:43am
lumpy790 wrote:
How did the hoses work out?
Wow...... man I must have got side tracked. the hoses have been fine. I have a couple of races on them now, and realistically no issues. Since the hose ID's are slightly large, it is imperative to use good hose clamps with the rounded edges so they can be tightened correctly. Well worth changing the hoses to get rid of all those extra joints/connections!

Thank you again!!
Mike

Post a reply to: 84 YZ 250L Hose job

The Latest