99 RM 250

dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
Anybody tell me much about these? I’ve found one locally that I’d like to do a mild restoration on. Bike isn’t thrashed, just needs a little TLC on worm parts, plus I’ll redo all cosmetic things. I looked at it in person, and I thought the guy didn’t know the year of it based on it had the upside down forks from the 96-98 bikes. I checked the VIN, and it does indeed identify as a 99, as well as it’s title. We’re those forks shit, what else to look for? It sounded fine, had damn good compression, just needs a good home. Oh, and a grand can buy it.....Thanks guys!
|
DR3
10/29/2018 8:22pm
The shift dog/forks are soft and prone to wear. This causes the bike to pop out of gear (usually 3rd gear) under power. The fix can get expensive if you hire it out because the cases have to be split. I have a '96 and have had to make the repair a couple times.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
10/29/2018 9:46pm
DR3 wrote:
The shift dog/forks are soft and prone to wear. This causes the bike to pop out of gear (usually 3rd gear) under power. The fix can...
The shift dog/forks are soft and prone to wear. This causes the bike to pop out of gear (usually 3rd gear) under power. The fix can get expensive if you hire it out because the cases have to be split. I have a '96 and have had to make the repair a couple times.
Thanks for the input! I’m basically looking at this to enjoy here at home on my track. I can’t take it around here to vintage stuff due to its age (97 is the cut off), plus, I wanted to build one from that year to give to my son. He was born in 99, and it would be something he could keep and enjoy playing on here at home. The bike would enjoy an easy life in its golden years

Post a reply to: 99 RM 250

The Latest