Related:
Create New Tag
Zorik Zorik
12/5/2017 1:44 AM

Hi, recently bought this rarity italian bike and now looking for some advices and parts.

Im not prety sure about the year, cause frame already was in 4 colors but esle looks like 1989.Bike is in rough shape and was siting for a long long time with few liters of water in crankcase. Saw few topic from same bike owners so looking for help about cross-refenrece parts, manual and some engine parts.

Parts my bike is missing - some of cts and pipe, also intake boot is cracked like hell and Im not sure crank cause its a bit rusty (gona take it out tomorow)

P.S As I searched a bit you still can get piston,clutch discs,parts for suspension,plastics and parts for carb but what about bearings,cables etc

Thanks wink

Paul333 Paul333
12/5/2017 5:40 AM

I love the old Cagiva's and wanted their 125 desperately as a kid.

I see parts come up on Vintage Bike Ads fairly frequently. It's a good place to start watching.

www.vintagebikeads.com

Zorik Zorik
12/5/2017 8:41 AM

Already "hunting" there , as for me the most problem is with pipe and I was thinking maybe old Honda 250 pipe will fit sad

wpark89 wpark89
12/5/2017 8:48 AM

Everything you need is available. There are about 2 contacts you need to get anything. It's worth joining Facebook just for the Cagiva WMX community. You can get all the parts and service manuals/dealer bulletins.

If you have an 89 it will have a rear disc.

Here's my 88 250
Photo

wpark89 wpark89
12/5/2017 8:55 AM

For pipes...a Husky shop in California called UP Tite made Cagiva pipes. I've got one on my 250 and they can still be found. Dynoport in New York lists a 1990 Husqvarna pipe that's the same as the Cagiva. There are used SPES pipes from Belgium that come up for sale occasionally.

A guy in Germany is using a DG CR 250 pipe on his Cagiva that just took a few easy mods to work. Scalvini just started making 85-89 Cagiva 125 pipes and the 250 may follow.

wpark89 wpark89
12/5/2017 9:03 AM
Photo

heldercosta heldercosta
2/9/2019 4:50 AM

hi.
So i got a bike Cagiva wmx 250 to 2t.
i would like to know if anyone can tell me what oil i should use in the gearbox.

JustMX JustMX
2/9/2019 5:13 PM

I would definitely pm hillbilly.

He raced those things for years around that time frame and wouldn't be surprised at all if he had boxes of parts in the barn.

wpark89 wpark89
2/9/2019 5:22 PM

750 ML of oil. Any brand is good.

I have been messaging Hillbilly for years on here asking about Cagiva parts and can’t ever get in touch with him.

heldercosta heldercosta
2/10/2019 3:59 AM

i am from Portugal. here is no one who knows me more or less say details of this bike.
since it´s classic i don't know what oil should i use and also nobody can tell me.
of these types of motorcycles here in Portugalthere are not many

wpark89 wpark89
2/10/2019 10:31 AM

Send me a message with your email and I can send you the manual with all the information. There is a big Cagiva group on Facebook that is very helpful also.

heldercosta heldercosta
2/10/2019 11:43 AM

ok. thanks for the help. i think the cagiva group on facebook i already follow. i don't know if it's the same site you're talking about.

Jeremy_Brown Jeremy_Brown
2/14/2019 11:06 PM

I can get ahold of my buddy he raced them before

2/14/2019 11:13 PM
Zorik wrote:

Hi, recently bought this ...more

Does it turn over or is it stuck from the water inside the crank

2/15/2019 12:23 AM

20/50 castrol gtx motor oil.. or 80/90 gear oil. That's what my buddy said. Oil if you need the motor oil I think and gear oil type. Don't use motor oil in your gear box though just saying

2/15/2019 12:25 AM

Or IDK maybe you can let me ask him

heldercosta heldercosta
2/16/2019 5:56 AM

i am from Portugal and certain types of oil that do not sell here.
so i'm not sure if any of these have around.

TTperra TTperra
2/16/2019 8:26 AM

You can use a motorcycle engine oil for wet clutch, its not so critical.
If you use engine oil for cars, the clutch can slip

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry