My *very* low budget cr250 build

Cr_cory
Edited Date/Time 9/2/2018 9:28pm
Hey guys, my names Cory, I’m new to this whole big bike thing but I’ve ridden dirt bikes and downhill my whole life and I’m wondering if there are any real problem solvers who are on their phone as much as they are on their bikes like me, I just got my cr 250 and it’s running and riding it’s just a little ruff around the edges just like every secondhand bike you come across so if this post gets enough attention I’ll post some pictures if I can figure out how on an iPhone and I’ll keep in touch! Thanks everyone for your time and have a good one!
|
Cr_cory
9/1/2018 12:27pm
It’s an 85 and I was just wondering what are some have to do things before I rip it obviously swap fluids and what not but it doesn’t exactly idle even after warming up constantly have to keep the revs up under clutching thanks for the help everyone!
9/1/2018 7:25pm
Clean pilot circuit and jet. The choke adjusts the idle twist counter clockwise to increase rpm. Clean and oil air filter.

The Shop

barnett468
9/1/2018 7:39pm
Cr_cory wrote:
It’s an 85 and I was just wondering what are some have to do things before I rip it obviously swap fluids and what not but...
It’s an 85 and I was just wondering what are some have to do things before I rip it obviously swap fluids and what not but it doesn’t exactly idle even after warming up constantly have to keep the revs up under clutching thanks for the help everyone!
Exactly what does this mean?

"...constantly have to keep the revs up under clutching."

Did you try to adjust the idle screw and idle mix screw?

How many kicks does it take to start?
Cr_cory
9/1/2018 11:58pm
It takes about 10 or so odd kicks and in response to the other question if I’m riding and I pull the clutch (say to come to a stop) the bike will cut out unless I keep the bike reved up and thanks for the help again!
Cr_cory
9/2/2018 3:01pm
I’ve attached images this is after keeping it in first keeping it at idle/cruising around the front yard(temp cap pic) and I’m guessing this is why(damage pic)

Cr_cory
9/2/2018 9:28pm
Also for the quickest response gets brownie points If they know wether or not I can use STP aluminum engine safe premix coolant?

Post a reply to: My *very* low budget cr250 build

The Latest