Question about Vintage Husky and Honda

dmrogers
A few years ago, I was searching around the Internet checking out photos and articles about vintage bikes. I love vintage bikes and would even like to have one one day. I had some nice bikes back in the day. If only I had kept them…….

It seems that I found a post on this forum about Husqvarna and Honda. Basically the discussion got down to stories about how Honda might have copied their CR from a Husky CR back in the 70’s. It was back in the twin shock days.

I don’t remember all the details, but it was back when the Asian bike manufacturers we hitting the scene and Husqvarna was still a big dog in the dirt bike market. Some of the people posting were pointing out where Honda “borrowed” heavily from the Husky design.

Apparently this would have taken place at a time when Honda was struggling and needed a major overhaul in their design of the CR line.

This was a very good thread with some great history and discussion of the time period.

Does anyone remember this period and any of the history behind it? Or was I just browsing the Interwebs under the influence?

Thanks!
|
PK97
7/18/2017 7:36pm
Honda did copy the Husky frame. Go mxworksbike site and read the article Terry Goode has about the first RC125. It is a great read about the development of the Honda 2-stroke
dmrogers
7/19/2017 5:53am
PK97 wrote:
Honda did copy the Husky frame. Go mxworksbike site and read the article Terry Goode has about the first RC125. It is a great read about...
Honda did copy the Husky frame. Go mxworksbike site and read the article Terry Goode has about the first RC125. It is a great read about the development of the Honda 2-stroke
Yes, I read the article you are referencing as well as many of the posts (and wonderful photos) at mxworksbike.

I know there was a lot of "sharing" going on (and still does probably) during those years when the dirt bikes were exploding with innovations.

Post a reply to: Question about Vintage Husky and Honda

The Latest