Rebuilding Fox Factory Shox

FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
I've run this up before probably, but need some guidance. Have a set of Fox Factory Shox piggybacks that need a rebuild. I am a bit paranoid sending them off the Thor given some of the delay and cost stories, but probably more because I had an airshock from a set go missing when someone (not thor) promised a shaft repair and flaked.

Anywaze, I am going to do them myself. There is not a piggyback specific manual, however, although Thor has some pointers for the piggyback reservoir. Curious if anyone who's had his mitts dirty doing one of these that can offer some guidance, I gather the trick is in position the piston in the reservoir on assembly.

Any guidance much appreciated.
|
newmann
10/2/2017 8:19pm
I think Kenny and Hubbard both have rebuilt those. You have contact info for Rick Horvat in Ohio? He rebuilt a set of remote reservoir Fox's for me probably 20 years ago. Good job and fairly quick turnaround. Also check with Steve Sage at Sage Suspension in Arvada, Co. He has done a few sets of different shocks for my brother and I over the years.
SouthwestMfg
10/4/2017 6:55am
FTE - I can get you help or do the work locally. You have my email (I think) or pm if you need and I'll get you some info.

The Shop

motojason
10/4/2017 1:05pm
Thor has done two sets for me this year in the promised 4-6 week time frame. Happy with both.
lumpy790
10/4/2017 1:23pm
It was some years ago as a Road Rep I stopped into a shop in Martinsburg WV that specialized in Husqvarnas and was the Ohlins vintage rebuild center. I would try and give them a call

Post a reply to: Rebuilding Fox Factory Shox

The Latest