WANTED! 1973/74 Suzuki TC100 gas tank

9/13/2019 12:16pm Edited Date/Time 9/15/2019 7:09pm
Looking for a gas tank for a 1973/74? Suzuki TC100. Bike was given to my nephew recently and the inside of the tank is in very bad shape. Any leads on one would be great! Pictures added for verification purposes in case I’m wrong on the year. (419)367-6163 if I don’t respond on here! Thanks Joe

|
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
9/13/2019 1:16pm Edited Date/Time 9/13/2019 1:18pm
That is a 73 TC 100 or possibly a 74
9/14/2019 5:13am
lostboy819 wrote:
Thanks for that! I didn’t do very much research before posting just going off what my brother said. A quick eBay search turned up no results for the ds100 so I’ll try the TC100!
captmoto
9/14/2019 9:40pm
Spend $50 on Metal Rescue from Home Depot or Lowes. Here's what I did on a TS125.

1. Degrease the tank with some lacquer thinner. You have to get all the gas residue out of the tank but it isn't that hard.
2. Use nuts, bolts and screws and some soapy water and rattle the shit out of the tank to get the big chunks loose and out of the tank. Rinse really well to get all the soap out.
3. I used a couple quarts of rubbing alcohol for another rinse. It will bind up any left over water and you can dump that out.
4. Air dry for a couple days.
5. Add the Metal Rescue. All the way to the top. Leave the petcock in. I used a cheap tub to keep the tank in and used wood blocks the level the tank and get the filler neck as high as I could.
6. Leave it for 24 hours, no more. You can dump it back in the container. I strained it with a cheese cloth. You can let it air dry again and go use it.

People will tell you to use vinegar, coca cola etc. Some say pool acid but unless you really know what you're doing that can be a disaster. Pool acid will eat through the tank if you leave it too long. It will eat your paint on the outside too.
Metal Rescue will not hurt the paint or eat any metal. If you have pinholes with rust it will expose them but wont eat good metal.
I only endorse Metal Rescue as a retail customer. It is pretty idiot proof and I have the card somewhere that proves I qualify.
P.S. You get to keep your original tank.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
9/14/2019 11:33pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Thanks for that! I didn’t do very much research before posting just going off what my brother said. A quick eBay search turned up no results...
Thanks for that! I didn’t do very much research before posting just going off what my brother said. A quick eBay search turned up no results for the ds100 so I’ll try the TC100!
Those rotary valve engines ran good and were faster than the Yamaha's and kawasaki's . Cool

The Shop

9/15/2019 7:08pm
captmoto wrote:
Spend $50 on Metal Rescue from Home Depot or Lowes. Here's what I did on a TS125. 1. Degrease the tank with some lacquer thinner. You...
Spend $50 on Metal Rescue from Home Depot or Lowes. Here's what I did on a TS125.

1. Degrease the tank with some lacquer thinner. You have to get all the gas residue out of the tank but it isn't that hard.
2. Use nuts, bolts and screws and some soapy water and rattle the shit out of the tank to get the big chunks loose and out of the tank. Rinse really well to get all the soap out.
3. I used a couple quarts of rubbing alcohol for another rinse. It will bind up any left over water and you can dump that out.
4. Air dry for a couple days.
5. Add the Metal Rescue. All the way to the top. Leave the petcock in. I used a cheap tub to keep the tank in and used wood blocks the level the tank and get the filler neck as high as I could.
6. Leave it for 24 hours, no more. You can dump it back in the container. I strained it with a cheese cloth. You can let it air dry again and go use it.

People will tell you to use vinegar, coca cola etc. Some say pool acid but unless you really know what you're doing that can be a disaster. Pool acid will eat through the tank if you leave it too long. It will eat your paint on the outside too.
Metal Rescue will not hurt the paint or eat any metal. If you have pinholes with rust it will expose them but wont eat good metal.
I only endorse Metal Rescue as a retail customer. It is pretty idiot proof and I have the card somewhere that proves I qualify.
P.S. You get to keep your original tank.
Thanks captmoto. We will give it a try!

Post a reply to: WANTED! 1973/74 Suzuki TC100 gas tank

The Latest