2005 Cr 250 build **complete**

wsc96
Fantasy
474th
1/29/2017 5:34pm
Slow progress :silly: found some time the other day to coat my hubs turned out awesome, colour is burnt bronze [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/01/28/172163/s1200_IMG_1443.jpg[/img] Also finally sent away my...
Slow progress Silly found some time the other day to coat my hubs turned out awesome, colour is burnt bronze

Also finally sent away my hardwear to be re-plated should be back this week or the next. Was really hopeing to Finnish this in the next few months but with news that I'm going to be a mini dad might slow things down a little... so hang tight
Cheers mad dogs
Congratulations.
2/17/2017 11:14pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2017 11:23pm
New excels rocked up the other day, tried lacing the front wheel but spoke where to long? First time lacing wheels but pretty sure it's right all spokes are the same length and had the old boy run his eyes over it to double check all good. also tried lacing the rear wheel having trouble with these to... I can get about half the spokes in then the spokes don't line up with the nipple in the rim? Tusk spokes so I'm guessing you could get a doggy pack every now and then but for both front and rear to be out I don't get it? Anyone else had trouble with tusk spokes

Anyway got my hardware back from zinc plating turned out awesome for $80 AUD had nearly 6kg total done pretty reasonably priced

Bottom left hand is a bolt kit I bought ages others are the re plated hardware.

Bolted up linkage and swing arm with new bearings and pressed in both front and rear hubs with new bearings

Also got new China rads didn't want to but oem rads are out of my price range maybe one day... blue hoses look pretty dope but just need some stainless hose clamps to Finnish those off

Had the braking hardware plated to looks dope

wsc96
Fantasy
474th
2/18/2017 1:42am
Looking good. Where did you purchase your rims from?
2/18/2017 5:10am
wsc96 wrote:
Looking good. Where did you purchase your rims from?
hey mate just got them from a local bike shop here in mackay

The Shop

3/25/2017 4:13am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2017 4:20am
Updated crf front rotor on just need one for the rear now still hunting for a decent condition rear rotor if anyone has one floating around haha

Blasted and coated the triples in black cerakote come out a nice satin finish, also has replated hardware and new head stem nut really happy with these will look the goods with the gold forks

Stripped the forks down will be pollishing the tubes and sending them off for anodising soon, would have just left these stock but they have really bad oxidation on them, will be done in bright gold Cool

Will be putting in a big oem order with other parts soon stay tuned
wsc96
Fantasy
474th
3/25/2017 12:46pm
Clamps look trick. I've been looking at OEM prices recently and not sure where you stand on the local vs online debate but even with international shipping Honda of East Toledo prices are very competitive.
yjgfikl
3/25/2017 6:33pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2017 6:33pm
Spokes shouldn't be the same length. The ones that slide through the holes closest to the inside of the hub will be just a few mm longer than the ones on the outside, on both sides. Your spoke kit should have 2 different lengths for each wheel.

Parts look great though!
3/25/2017 9:16pm
yjgfikl wrote:
Spokes shouldn't be the same length. The ones that slide through the holes closest to the inside of the hub will be just a few mm...
Spokes shouldn't be the same length. The ones that slide through the holes closest to the inside of the hub will be just a few mm longer than the ones on the outside, on both sides. Your spoke kit should have 2 different lengths for each wheel.

Parts look great though!
Yeah mate that was a little while ago
I had the front wheel laced incorrectly sorted that issue out and the rear wheel old mate at the local bike shop ordered me the incorrect rear wheel sorted that out as well
Cheers
yjgfikl
3/26/2017 1:56pm
yjgfikl wrote:
Spokes shouldn't be the same length. The ones that slide through the holes closest to the inside of the hub will be just a few mm...

Parts look great though!
Yeah mate that was a little while ago I had the front wheel laced incorrectly sorted that issue out and the rear wheel old mate at...
Yeah mate that was a little while ago
I had the front wheel laced incorrectly sorted that issue out and the rear wheel old mate at the local bike shop ordered me the incorrect rear wheel sorted that out as well
Cheers
Sorry bud, just scrolled through the thread and saw that you'd asked the question and nobody answered. Didn't look at the date!
4/19/2017 3:43pm
Small updates

Rebuilt calipers with oem pistons and seals completed with re plated hardware

Also new oem 2016 crf450r rear rotor, so nice something about oem Honda rotors on the current bikes look sexy
So that's the brakes sorted

But I do need a 260mm bracket for the front caliper still looking if anyone has one they wanna off load

Bunch of genuine Honda stuff rocked up to keep me going still need to bolt up inner clutch cover and rebuild water pump, all gaskets for reeds, exhaust valve and ignition cover. All new booties rubber pieces and parts that just go missing over time

2017 cycra stadium plate and front fender conversion, don't believe I've seen anyone do it yet? but I'm beyond happy with it, mind how incomplete the bike is but I couldn't wait to see how it looked Tongue

Graphics are getting sorted, will post the proof when I receive it. I'm going for really basic trim similar to old factory Honda Woody graphics but with stock 2007 shrouds. Mick from nintwodecals is sorting that out, he done the graphics on lips splitfire bike and other guys bikes on here his work is second to none.

Peace.
wsc96
Fantasy
474th
4/19/2017 5:12pm
Great stuff. Looking forward to seeing the graphics as i'm intending a similar setup on my bike. Where did you end up ordering all the OEM stuff from?
4/19/2017 5:36pm
wsc96 wrote:
Great stuff. Looking forward to seeing the graphics as i'm intending a similar setup on my bike. Where did you end up ordering all the OEM...
Great stuff. Looking forward to seeing the graphics as i'm intending a similar setup on my bike. Where did you end up ordering all the OEM stuff from?
I ordered it all through Rocky Mountain, do you have a build thread or Instagram or anything on your bike?
wsc96
Fantasy
474th
4/19/2017 5:58pm
Cool. Wasn't sure if they did international shipping on OEM Parts so that's good to know!

No build thread or anything at this stage. I've got an 07 model 250 and 125 and will start the "build" work on both in August. Just slowly collecting the parts at this stage. Currently riding the 250 regularly as I can.

*** Testing the 07 OEM graphics from the 125 in this shot.
jhansen510
Fantasy
3595th
4/19/2017 6:34pm
wsc96 wrote:
Cool. Wasn't sure if they did international shipping on OEM Parts so that's good to know! No build thread or anything at this stage. I've got...
Cool. Wasn't sure if they did international shipping on OEM Parts so that's good to know!

No build thread or anything at this stage. I've got an 07 model 250 and 125 and will start the "build" work on both in August. Just slowly collecting the parts at this stage. Currently riding the 250 regularly as I can.

What bend bars are those? Great looking bike!
wsc96
Fantasy
474th
4/19/2017 6:54pm
jhansen510 wrote:
What bend bars are those? Great looking bike!
Thanks. They're the 994 bend (KTM High). pretty tall and with not a lot of sweep.
4/19/2017 7:28pm
wsc96 wrote:
Cool. Wasn't sure if they did international shipping on OEM Parts so that's good to know! No build thread or anything at this stage. I've got...

Nice bike do you plan on building them the same?
wsc96
Fantasy
474th
4/19/2017 7:40pm
Nice bike do you plan on building them the same?
Yeah that's the plan. Pretty close to stock looking where possible. I've resprung the 250 and put the PWK 38mm Airstriker carb on it is all so far. It came with the pipe/silencer and VForce reeds when I got it.
4/20/2017 5:48am
I love the 2017 style front. Can you post pictures of how you mounted both fender and plate? I assume it wasnt bolt on.
I have seen a lot of people doing the 14-16 fender and plate conversion with very little modification needed and it looks good. But I am worried that it is not the same because the 14-16 plastics and 17 plastics are obviusly not the same.
Thanks.
Slosh 112
4/20/2017 6:54pm
Who did your plating? I had about the same amount of pieces done and cost me about 130.
4/22/2017 2:47am
rippinruts wrote:
I love the 2017 style front. Can you post pictures of how you mounted both fender and plate? I assume it wasnt bolt on. I have...
I love the 2017 style front. Can you post pictures of how you mounted both fender and plate? I assume it wasnt bolt on.
I have seen a lot of people doing the 14-16 fender and plate conversion with very little modification needed and it looks good. But I am worried that it is not the same because the 14-16 plastics and 17 plastics are obviusly not the same.
Thanks.
Hey mate it's the same mod, you will need to drill two new holes and slot the front two holes if I remember correctly, I can post a photo when I get a chance cheers
4/22/2017 9:55am
Hey mate it's the same mod, you will need to drill two new holes and slot the front two holes if I remember correctly, I can...
Hey mate it's the same mod, you will need to drill two new holes and slot the front two holes if I remember correctly, I can post a photo when I get a chance cheers
Thanks alot! exactly the info that i needed. But where did you buy yours? cycraracing.com wants 48$ for USPS priority mail international shipping (thats the chapest one!) to Norway. Which equals 112$ total. + 25% custom clearance taxes. So i will end up with paying 130$ for a number plate and a front fender!
Mx286
4/22/2017 12:21pm
rippinruts wrote:
I love the 2017 style front. Can you post pictures of how you mounted both fender and plate? I assume it wasnt bolt on. I have...
Thanks.
Hey mate it's the same mod, you will need to drill two new holes and slot the front two holes if I remember correctly, I can...
I'd like to see a pic as well. I'm redoing mine and looking at different plates and ways to mount them up.
motorob
4/22/2017 1:56pm
Lovely bike young chap, the cerakote has turned out beautiful. Got me looking into doing that stuff myself. Will the coating be durable enough?
4/22/2017 3:03pm
rippinruts wrote:
Thanks alot! exactly the info that i needed. But where did you buy yours? cycraracing.com wants 48$ for USPS priority mail international shipping (thats the chapest...
Thanks alot! exactly the info that i needed. But where did you buy yours? cycraracing.com wants 48$ for USPS priority mail international shipping (thats the chapest one!) to Norway. Which equals 112$ total. + 25% custom clearance taxes. So i will end up with paying 130$ for a number plate and a front fender!
Hey mate I got mine of Rocky Mountain shipped to Aus can't remember the price i had a lot of other parts in my order so my shipping was pretty high anyways due to the size box and weight that got sent over. Just pull the trigger
4/22/2017 3:31pm
motorob wrote:
Lovely bike young chap, the cerakote has turned out beautiful. Got me looking into doing that stuff myself. Will the coating be durable enough?
Like any coating it wears but yes it is very durable and only ads .001" thickness when applied correctly
4/22/2017 3:34pm
rippinruts wrote:
Thanks.
Mx286 wrote:
I'd like to see a pic as well. I'm redoing mine and looking at different plates and ways to mount them up.
Hey mate here is a photo you can see the existing holes at the front, drilled holes in the middle and the existing holes slotted at the rear.

4/22/2017 5:12pm
Thanks a lot for the good info and pictures! By the way the video you posted about the cerakote is "unavailable" Sad
4/22/2017 5:58pm
rippinruts wrote:
Thanks a lot for the good info and pictures! By the way the video you posted about the cerakote is "unavailable" :(
Thanks a lot for the good info and pictures! By the way the video you posted about the cerakote is "unavailable" Sad
Hey mate just google cerakote application I'm sure you'll find something
Mx286
4/23/2017 10:28am
Hey mate here is a photo you can see the existing holes at the front, drilled holes in the middle and the existing holes slotted at...
Hey mate here is a photo you can see the existing holes at the front, drilled holes in the middle and the existing holes slotted at the rear.

Could you take one of the front plate also? Bike looks sick too btw!

Post a reply to: 2005 Cr 250 build **complete**

The Latest