2016 yzf 250 dies while riding

haber0051
Edited Date/Time 2/11/2016 1:30pm
about 12 hours on it was running fine and just died,walked back to truck and it started back up and ran fine.took home cleaned and greased all wire connections.rode it another 2 hours all good .took down to marrysville to race qualifier this weekend and died going up face of jump yesterday,my son is scared to ride it now.when we take off gas cap you can hear air sucking in.has anyone had bad gas cap?

|
2/10/2016 11:16pm
Cheek the spark plug cap mine did the same where the spark plug is can fill up with mud whn you wash it Thea's a small hole on the right hand side of the head just next to where the radiator hose goes in it's a drain hole but can get bloked whn washing and whn the motor gets hot some how pops the cap off pull the spark plug cap off and give it a good clean around the spark plug make sure all the dirts and and make sure it drains out the hole thn glue some foam under the tank so it sits hard down on the spark plug cap
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1936th
2/11/2016 3:30am
Well being a 16 it shouldn't be the TPS. It sounds a lot like our 15 problems, which turned out to be the TPS. I agree with above check the spark plug cap. Good luck, please post your findings!
2/11/2016 1:30pm
I think you need to check when it quits and see if you have spark at the plug, if no spark disconnect the kill button. If you have spark check the fuel pump to see if your getting gas.

Post a reply to: 2016 yzf 250 dies while riding

The Latest