Trouble with Jeff @ PR2 racing

mx_mom111
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 4:36pm
Has anyone else had trouble with Jeff @ PR2 racing? My experience with him has proved to be "bought" experience. I am not sure if he is incapable of building good motors or just chose not to for us. Not only was the motor a extreme disappointment and embarrassment at Mini O's, he cost me an additional 500 to 800 dollars in parts that weren't needed. He also mislead us with the work he was to provide. We were lead to believe that we were getting one thing and he provided something else, (which didn't run). When I wanted to talk to him about working with me on a price adjustment he left my child's bike unattended and packed up shop. Maybe I am the only one but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, you know the rest.
|
Jakes Dad
3/17/2010 4:27pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2010 4:27pm
Nice 1st post, why is that most of the time in these instances their 1st post is someone coming on here and trashing somebody???

BUT not to say I haven't heard that same story before.
mx_mom111
3/18/2010 5:14am
Sorry if my first post offended, I am not "trashing" him just stating the facts as they happened. I am not from your area and was just trying to see if anybody had similar experiences. We were billed a large amount for a motor that would not run. We have tried to work with him, he knows it wouldn't run he worked on at Mini O's and he couldn't get it running, but he won't . If he would have told us before we sent him the motor that he preferred to work on Suzuki's, (we run green) I could have made a better choice, he told me that after he couldn't get it running. Just very frustrated, I believe a person is only as good as their word.

The Shop

Cygnus
3/18/2010 5:42am
Why won't the bike run? What exactly did he do wrong?
bobby397
3/18/2010 5:55am
sounds like you got ripped one, pro circuit does mine and ive never had a problem....
motofab36
3/18/2010 6:18am
I'm curious, when you say it wont run, do you mean it literally will not start or is it just not any better or faster than before he worked on it? What was he supposed to have done to it?
lumpy790
3/18/2010 7:52am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:29pm
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I was just talking with someone who was praising PR2 yesterday.

FYI......Barrs Competition builds good minis......50cc-105 and big bikes too. Long list of championships int Am & Pro ranks.
MX Dad #27
Fantasy
307th
3/18/2010 8:31am
Eric Gorr at Forward Motion, my Daughter won a National Championship, had a top 5 and an 8th at lorettas with his stuff. Reliability as good as stock, he's inexpensive and most importantly when you ask him something he dosen't make you feel dumb.
jeffseid
3/18/2010 8:36am
mx_mom111 wrote:
Has anyone else had trouble with Jeff @ PR2 racing? My experience with him has proved to be "bought" experience. I am not sure if he...
Has anyone else had trouble with Jeff @ PR2 racing? My experience with him has proved to be "bought" experience. I am not sure if he is incapable of building good motors or just chose not to for us. Not only was the motor a extreme disappointment and embarrassment at Mini O's, he cost me an additional 500 to 800 dollars in parts that weren't needed. He also mislead us with the work he was to provide. We were lead to believe that we were getting one thing and he provided something else, (which didn't run). When I wanted to talk to him about working with me on a price adjustment he left my child's bike unattended and packed up shop. Maybe I am the only one but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, you know the rest.
Did you get my message i sent you?
RACEGUY
3/18/2010 3:43pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:29pm
a). Why would you even feel comfortable trashing an individual and the company he represents in an open (and often misguided) forum like this?

b). You have launched nothing more than a piece-of-shit spam-fest for everyone who thinks "their guy" gives them the greatest motors.

This is the first time I've seen PR2 slagged like this. Could there be some kind of misunderstanding - or possibly a personality conflict?

No matter how pissed I was, I would never drag someone through the mud professionally in this setting.

Take a breath. Take a pill. Tell your kid to suck it up and race.
mx_mom111
3/19/2010 7:24am
My kid did suck it up and race, thank you very much. I did try numerous times to contact and work with him. I haven't stated any untruths and if it makes me feel better this is my right. I don't take pills and do not plan on starting now. I don't feel I have drug him through the mud, I feel like I have been taken advantage of by him. I was more than willing to pay for the work he preformed but he billed me for work that wasn't done. If I am the only one this has ever happen to and PR2 does good work then he will not be hurt by this. If you think that is professional or honest then we just have different opinions on honesty. Which is your right...and foul language is never nessacery on a public board. I didn't mean to create a "spam fest", I have an engine builder.
Cygnus
3/19/2010 1:21pm
Please explain what was paid for and not done and let him defend it at least.
Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
3/19/2010 1:28pm
mx295 wrote:
Next time check out http://c4mx.com/
These guys build incredible motors. Expensive but incredible. Williams does some of the same things as he has posted here.
circus
3/19/2010 2:26pm
mx295 wrote:
Next time check out http://c4mx.com/
Tiki wrote:
These guys build incredible motors. Expensive but incredible. Williams does some of the same things as he has posted here.
`I know his Yamaha work is second to none.
bultokid
3/20/2010 6:03am
This will really score you some sponsors for little juniors racing career let me tell you.
racin mason
3/20/2010 11:35am
What were you led to believe you were getting, and what did you get?Did PR 2 have the complete bike, or just the engine?If he just had the engine, is it possible someone else could be at the root of your problems? Ive seen alot of dads make big mistakes while working on JR's bike.
Cygnus
3/20/2010 12:21pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2010 12:22pm
I am afraid this was just a hit and run attack at PR2. MOM?
Jakes Dad
3/20/2010 2:14pm
What were you led to believe you were getting, and what did you get?Did PR 2 have the complete bike, or just the engine?If he just...
What were you led to believe you were getting, and what did you get?Did PR 2 have the complete bike, or just the engine?If he just had the engine, is it possible someone else could be at the root of your problems? Ive seen alot of dads make big mistakes while working on JR's bike.
I've made quite a few mistakes but more importantly learned from them. I can't afford to have my stuff sent out so I do it myself. Although just this week I did get enough money together to get my kid an Eric Gorr big bore setup. Most "big name" engine builders are double the cost. She probably does have a legit complaint "I've heard others" my only bitch is going to a message board, it ain't gonna fix that motor. Best of luck on your problem. Now I'm going out to the garage and see if I can screw up putting in a stroker crank!!Blush
mxjordy127
3/22/2010 5:45pm
Well i have actually heard from quite a few people that had work done by PR2 and said it was nothing more than top-end replacement but got the bill for a full blown race motor.
skynard
3/29/2010 11:22am
Mx mom....believe me....you are not the first one to be disappointed, and probably not the last.

Don't listen to all these "experts" on this board.
cjmx
Fantasy
1187th
3/29/2010 1:10pm
MX Dad #27 wrote:
Eric Gorr at Forward Motion, my Daughter won a National Championship, had a top 5 and an 8th at lorettas with his stuff. Reliability as good...
Eric Gorr at Forward Motion, my Daughter won a National Championship, had a top 5 and an 8th at lorettas with his stuff. Reliability as good as stock, he's inexpensive and most importantly when you ask him something he dosen't make you feel dumb.
Eric does top notch work. Only good things to say about him and his company.

http://www.eric-gorr.com/

5/8/2010 1:14pm
I know I'm late to this party but I've done business with Jeff for the last 4 years so I thought I'd share my experiences. In that time he's done 3 motors for me. A CR 85, KX 65, and a YZ 85. I also purchased a works YZ 112 SuperMini from him last year. I couldn't be more pleased with the quality of his work or the support I received. The work was done promptly, professionally and the quality was 2nd to none. I also received follow up phone calls to see how everything was working. My Kids have won local championships with all these motors and I have people line up to buy these bikes when we're done with them. The first work I had done to the CR was to have the cylinder ported by someone listed in this thread. The bike performed poorly. When I sent the motor to Jeff he said with the way the cylinder had be ported I bet it had a lot of power down low but nothing on top. That was exactly how it performed. The motor I got back from him (with a new cylinder) delivered power out of the hole, through the mid and on the top end. At that time we raced flattrack and there its all about power to the ground. Although I've never had any issues from the work he's done I have no doubt that if I did Jeff would address them in the same manner he has with the other work he's done for me. Professionally and Promptly.
5/10/2010 10:06am
For people on here to get mad at MXmom for voicing her problems with Jeff at PR2 is a little ridiculous. She is a Mom and her kids racing was affected by someone who she trusted would do a great job. And he abandoned them.(plus this is a moto forum where people are supposed to do that...) I don't know a single mechanic that would just walk away from work that isn't complete. Sure he has done great work in the past and wil do great work in the future. But it's the little things like this that can put someone right on the shit list.
5/17/2010 8:32pm
It seems like with a lot of these companies they do well for there costumers who they think have money and not so well for the people they don't think have money. just my experience been on both sides.
5/18/2010 2:42pm
RACEGUY wrote:
a). Why would you even feel comfortable trashing an individual and the company he represents in an open (and often misguided) forum like this? b). You...
a). Why would you even feel comfortable trashing an individual and the company he represents in an open (and often misguided) forum like this?

b). You have launched nothing more than a piece-of-shit spam-fest for everyone who thinks "their guy" gives them the greatest motors.

This is the first time I've seen PR2 slagged like this. Could there be some kind of misunderstanding - or possibly a personality conflict?

No matter how pissed I was, I would never drag someone through the mud professionally in this setting.

Take a breath. Take a pill. Tell your kid to suck it up and race.
As far as I'm concerned he trashed his image by his own actions, not her words. I appreciate info like this for as I have no desire to ever send anything I own to someone of this caliber. For this I thank you mom.
Dpip16
10/30/2010 5:39pm
ok so lets get one thing straight. lets not sit here and trash jeff alright. he probably knows more about a dirtbike then you ever will mx_mom111. he rebuilt my dads harley and it cranks out power like you wouldnt believe. so if you were billed for telling him to do stuff that you dont understand then why dont you read a book and find out what it is that needs done. instead of saying stuff you don't understand!
ps. jeff is part of my family so i don't appreciate you bringing down his business
TerryK
10/31/2010 7:37pm
Dpip16 wrote:
ok so lets get one thing straight. lets not sit here and trash jeff alright. he probably knows more about a dirtbike then you ever will...
ok so lets get one thing straight. lets not sit here and trash jeff alright. he probably knows more about a dirtbike then you ever will mx_mom111. he rebuilt my dads harley and it cranks out power like you wouldnt believe. so if you were billed for telling him to do stuff that you dont understand then why dont you read a book and find out what it is that needs done. instead of saying stuff you don't understand!
ps. jeff is part of my family so i don't appreciate you bringing down his business
Dude, you just dragged a 8 month old post back into the limelight! Should have let it be....no?

Post a reply to: Trouble with Jeff @ PR2 racing

The Latest