04 cr 250 servo

Mx29
Can one of you guys link me to one of those replacement servo motors? Apparently Honda doesn’t sell em anymore and I hear there’s a replacement motor somewhere that I can pop in the case. Thanks ??
|
mxracer666
1/14/2019 6:59pm
I'm very interested in this as well -- are there different servo motors for the different years of the CR250? (02-07)
Mx29
1/14/2019 7:05pm
mxracer666 wrote:
I'm very interested in this as well -- are there different servo motors for the different years of the CR250? (02-07)
I don’t think so. I’m not ? tho
captmoto
1/15/2019 2:18pm
I know thumpertalk sucks and all but search the Honda 2 stroke forum. I think there was something there.
omalley
1/15/2019 10:22pm
I’ll check when I get up tomorrow (at work right now). I’ve got a couple I picked up from a member here. As memory serves it’s a mabuchi motor (550 or something).

The Shop

labbe001
1/18/2019 4:50am
I just had to replace mine with a Mabuchi RS 365 SH. It almost snatched my arms off when I rode the bike for the first time after replacing the servo motor. Apparently it had slowly been going out over time. These motors are really cheap so I went ahead and purchased 2 of them.
It's a pretty simple fix for anyone with some mechanical ability. Be careful when taking the servo cases apart as there are a lot of small parts and pieces that can fall out. You'll need a solder gun as well. I also used some silicone sealant when putting the servo cases back together to help keep water out.
Mx29
1/18/2019 4:03pm
labbe001 wrote:
I just had to replace mine with a Mabuchi RS 365 SH. It almost snatched my arms off when I rode the bike for the first...
I just had to replace mine with a Mabuchi RS 365 SH. It almost snatched my arms off when I rode the bike for the first time after replacing the servo motor. Apparently it had slowly been going out over time. These motors are really cheap so I went ahead and purchased 2 of them.
It's a pretty simple fix for anyone with some mechanical ability. Be careful when taking the servo cases apart as there are a lot of small parts and pieces that can fall out. You'll need a solder gun as well. I also used some silicone sealant when putting the servo cases back together to help keep water out.
I was able to locate a new servo off an 05-07. Diff part number but hooks up and operates fine. I did order a motor to fix my existing unit. Cheap price to have a good spare. Thanks everyone
1/19/2019 12:58pm
labbe001 wrote:
I just had to replace mine with a Mabuchi RS 365 SH. It almost snatched my arms off when I rode the bike for the first...
Mx29 wrote:
I was able to locate a new servo off an 05-07. Diff part number but hooks up and operates fine. I did order a motor to...
I was able to locate a new servo off an 05-07. Diff part number but hooks up and operates fine. I did order a motor to fix my existing unit. Cheap price to have a good spare. Thanks everyone
Will the newer model servo work on an 2002?
Mx29
1/19/2019 10:24pm
labbe001 wrote:
Mx29 wrote:
I was able to locate a new servo off an 05-07. Diff part number but hooks up and operates fine. I did order a motor to...
I have a 04 and if I recall correctly the 02-04 are a certain part number and 05-07 are a diff one and I used the newer one and it works fine. Same plug and same wires. I don’t see why it wouldn’t.
8/22/2020 7:16pm
Mx29 wrote:
Mx29 wrote:
I have a 04 and if I recall correctly the 02-04 are a certain part number and 05-07 are a diff one and I used the...
I have a 04 and if I recall correctly the 02-04 are a certain part number and 05-07 are a diff one and I used the newer one and it works fine. Same plug and same wires. I don’t see why it wouldn’t.
Are the mounts the same on it as well?

Post a reply to: 04 cr 250 servo

The Latest