05'-07' Honda CR125 perfect Lectron cable dimensions... FINALLY!

YamahaJT1
Hi All:

Bikes: 05' and 07' Honda CR125

Well, I ordered a Lectron 36mm Shorty. The initial cable they sent was far too short. I ordered the +3" long from Lectron and the cable was barely long enough and had a huge "Inline Adjuster" that would bind against the tank/frame when full right and pull the slide up... Nothing is as amusing as taking a slow right and having the bike suddenly nearly launch out from under you. High anxiety!

I did the measurements, and contacted Motion Pro for a custom throttle cable. I nailed it. So did Motion Pro. Standard throttle cable routing is now PERFECT. No cable strain lock-to-lock, nice carb cable angle. YES!

What you need is this when ordering:

"THROTTLE: 07-1366 HL+6" BV **ELIMINATE INLINE ADJUSTER**"

Don't bother ordering a cable from Lectron for the 05'-07' Honda CR125 when ordering your carb. Go straight to Motion Pro with the dimensions I posted above and get it right the first time.

The Lectron? I finished 3 heat cycles on the rebuilt engine of the 05'. Leaned it 1/4 turn (Running 50/50 Avgas LL100/93 E0 at 32:1). It is hands down the best thing for the bike I have purchased. Worth every penny.

EDIT: Stock throttle tube
|
Mx746
7/22/2017 11:52am
Nice work! Motion Pro does great custom work, they made some cables for an early 80's ktm for me. Better than oem.

Post a reply to: 05'-07' Honda CR125 perfect Lectron cable dimensions... FINALLY!

The Latest