‘09 RM 85 revamp- considering a whole other bike for donor parts

Korbenw7p3c
3/1/2018 3:20pm
Possible donor bike that’s older with good motor/tranny. All else is sloppy, loose and leaking! So, how to justify $1000.00 (maybe a bit cheaper) for a good motor, wheels, discs and frame. If I keep the original one long term the donor could pay for itself over time I guess. Don’t have a disposable income here either. What do you all think???
|
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1084th
3/2/2018 8:03am
I don't know what RM85's go for in your neck of the woods, but around here 1K will get you a complete, good running, good condition 2005+ RM85, no problem.

I just sold my son's last practice bike for that much. It was an 06, mostly stock in good shape. Suspension had recently been serviced, fresh ring with 5 hrs on the piston. New plastic and graphics. About 2 years ago I sold his race bike for $1500. Full Eric Gorr motor, Hinson basket, Keihen carb, Rad valve, fresh transmission, FMF pipe, full Race Tech suspension with aftermarket link, anodized shock and forks, blah, blah, blah.

Finding a good donor bike is much, much cheaper than buying the parts from Suzuki, especially if you sell off what you don't end up using. I'm still finding parts in the garage that will go on Ebay.

Post a reply to: ‘09 RM 85 revamp- considering a whole other bike for donor parts

The Latest