16 250sxf vortex and handle bar switch

ktm-5
9/26/2017 12:52pm
Getting ready to install my vortex and was wondering what about the switch on the handlebars? Do I put it on switch 1 or 2? Does it matter? Also the paper I have says to change tps end points to same as 350/450sxf_16 & update acceleration settings.....any ideas on what that means?
|
mxb2
9/26/2017 3:24pm
ktm-5 wrote:
Getting ready to install my vortex and was wondering what about the switch on the handlebars? Do I put it on switch 1 or 2? Does...
Getting ready to install my vortex and was wondering what about the switch on the handlebars? Do I put it on switch 1 or 2? Does it matter? Also the paper I have says to change tps end points to same as 350/450sxf_16 & update acceleration settings.....any ideas on what that means?
Who did you buy it from, contact them?
ktm-5
9/26/2017 3:53pm
I bought it used and I did call the guy he bought it from but I didn't understand him completely. If I don't get much of an answer I'll call someone else tomorrow
mxb2
9/26/2017 3:59pm
ktm-5 wrote:
I bought it used and I did call the guy he bought it from but I didn't understand him completely. If I don't get much of...
I bought it used and I did call the guy he bought it from but I didn't understand him completely. If I don't get much of an answer I'll call someone else tomorrow
I would email vortex , or call Tokyo mods, talk to Justin. Good dude. Tell him Billy sent ya.
ktm-5
9/26/2017 4:11pm
ktm-5 wrote:
I bought it used and I did call the guy he bought it from but I didn't understand him completely. If I don't get much of...
mxb2 wrote:
I would email vortex , or call Tokyo mods, talk to Justin. Good dude. Tell him Billy sent ya.
OK thank u. Tokyo mods is actually who I was going to call next. I'll ask for Justin and tell him u sent me.. thanks again

The Shop

mxb2
9/26/2017 4:37pm
ktm-5 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
ktm-5 wrote:
OK thank u. Tokyo mods is actually who I was going to call next. I'll ask for Justin and tell him u sent me.. thanks again
Np man, keep us posted on what he says.
9/26/2017 11:28pm
ktm-5 wrote:
Getting ready to install my vortex and was wondering what about the switch on the handlebars? Do I put it on switch 1 or 2? Does...
I think number 1 on the switch is map one and number 2 is the map that you have selected on the end of the unit.
ktm-5
9/26/2017 11:35pm
ktm-5 wrote:
I think number 1 on the switch is map one and number 2 is the map that you have selected on the end of the unit.
So if I'm understanding correctly number 1on the switch will be number 1 on the ignition no matter where the number is on the ignition? BTW thank u
9/27/2017 5:46am
ktm-5 wrote:
ktm-5 wrote:
So if I'm understanding correctly number 1on the switch will be number 1 on the ignition no matter where the number is on the ignition? BTW...
So if I'm understanding correctly number 1on the switch will be number 1 on the ignition no matter where the number is on the ignition? BTW thank u
Yes that's the way I understand it. If you have number 5 selected on the unit then map one on the switch is 1 and map two is 5.
Karza
2/19/2018 7:34am Edited Date/Time 2/19/2018 7:45am
Yes it's old post but i was wondering that in 2016 ktm sxf 250 you have the 10 position map selector under the seat.
I have deleted the potentiometer and make it always be on aggressive map with solid resistor. No i have the vortex ecu so how the map switch (located at bar) is going to respond, same way 1 is number one map and 2 is what you have selected at the vortex ecu (like 8 based on standart map)?
Karza
2/19/2018 7:53am
I really dont need the "launch control" or map change on the fly things.......Maybe i remove whole bar switch with the harness all to way under the seat!?!
Then IF i want to changes the maps i remove the seat end change the map with screwdriver from the Vortex ECU. So can anyone help me with this, is it going to work? My bike is "under construction" (some tranny issues 3thrd time..) for now so i cant really test it Smile

Here in Finland when you need some technical help you dont get it......
stone881
2/19/2018 10:33am
Karza wrote:
I really dont need the "launch control" or map change on the fly things.......Maybe i remove whole bar switch with the harness all to way under...
I really dont need the "launch control" or map change on the fly things.......Maybe i remove whole bar switch with the harness all to way under the seat!?!
Then IF i want to changes the maps i remove the seat end change the map with screwdriver from the Vortex ECU. So can anyone help me with this, is it going to work? My bike is "under construction" (some tranny issues 3thrd time..) for now so i cant really test it Smile

Here in Finland when you need some technical help you dont get it......
Yes, that is correct, remove the switch on the handlebars and make the change on the Vortex unit.

I have one on my 2016 Sxf 270 and that is how I make any changes.
Karza
2/19/2018 10:42am
Yes! Thank you so much! To be sure i have to ask that i can remove whole thing, switch, harness with the 10 point map selector (potentiometer) etc.? Thank you vitalmx community you are always helpful!
ktm-5
2/19/2018 2:11pm
I just had my vortex dyno tuned and I was told the switch on the handlebar is useless now unless I buy a vortex handlebar switch, but I'm not worried about on the fly changing so I'm just going to change it on the ecu

Post a reply to: 16 250sxf vortex and handle bar switch

The Latest