16 kx450f fork help

kkroll20
8/24/2017 8:28am
I'm having issues trying to dial my forks. I had them working decent but they were really harsh in the smaller chop so I tried a few different settings on the showa app. After I changed it up I can't get it to turn. Coming into a corner there's almost zero front tire traction, even after going back to stock setting and my old setting with pressures and the clickers. I'm 170lbs running 105mm sag 174psi inner 14psi outer and 189psi balance. Any ideas what could've happened?
|
NJKawi913
8/24/2017 8:49am
kkroll20 wrote:
I'm having issues trying to dial my forks. I had them working decent but they were really harsh in the smaller chop so I tried a...
I'm having issues trying to dial my forks. I had them working decent but they were really harsh in the smaller chop so I tried a few different settings on the showa app. After I changed it up I can't get it to turn. Coming into a corner there's almost zero front tire traction, even after going back to stock setting and my old setting with pressures and the clickers. I'm 170lbs running 105mm sag 174psi inner 14psi outer and 189psi balance. Any ideas what could've happened?
try dropping the outter chamber to around 8psi or so. Or if you like how they perform else where lower the forks a few cm's in the triple clamps
kkroll20
8/24/2017 11:33am
I'll give it a shot, I'm just stumped on what could've happened. It cornered great before I tried changing it up and now no matter what I do I can't get it back to where it was. The setup I tried was 160psi inner and balance and 4psi outer. Could something internally be screwed up? I'm about to just give up and drop them off to get revalved
NJKawi913
8/24/2017 1:21pm
kkroll20 wrote:
I'll give it a shot, I'm just stumped on what could've happened. It cornered great before I tried changing it up and now no matter what...
I'll give it a shot, I'm just stumped on what could've happened. It cornered great before I tried changing it up and now no matter what I do I can't get it back to where it was. The setup I tried was 160psi inner and balance and 4psi outer. Could something internally be screwed up? I'm about to just give up and drop them off to get revalved
Hahaha i doubt they are internally messed up. These forks are just a pain and have soo many differnt options to tune, it makes it a nightmare for guys that arent out testing everyday.

I got mine on my 15 kx450f revalved, and a tip i was given was to run equal pressure in the innner and balance chambers, and zero in the outter. This makes it feel most like a spring fork, and you just adjust clickers from there. i ran 190/0/190, and just added compression and rebound and found it felt pretty good.
kkroll20
8/27/2017 4:48pm
kkroll20 wrote:
I'll give it a shot, I'm just stumped on what could've happened. It cornered great before I tried changing it up and now no matter what...
NJKawi913 wrote:
Hahaha i doubt they are internally messed up. These forks are just a pain and have soo many differnt options to tune, it makes it a...
Hahaha i doubt they are internally messed up. These forks are just a pain and have soo many differnt options to tune, it makes it a nightmare for guys that arent out testing everyday.

I got mine on my 15 kx450f revalved, and a tip i was given was to run equal pressure in the innner and balance chambers, and zero in the outter. This makes it feel most like a spring fork, and you just adjust clickers from there. i ran 190/0/190, and just added compression and rebound and found it felt pretty good.
Thanks for the recommendations man wound up running 187 inner 8 outer and 203 balance and it feels great, still a little harsh when it gets rough but I'll just send my suspension out once the seasons over. A lot of my problem I found is my front tire, it looks decent but I didn't even put 2 and 2 together I put a new rear on and the next ride after is when I noticed the issue lol

Post a reply to: 16 kx450f fork help

The Latest