17 crf450 front brake

hbdesigns913
My front brake has felt solid since the day it was new. And not in a good way. It's all or nothing. The brake has no pull or "feel" so to speak. I have adjusted the screw on the lever which just makes the lever closer to the grip. I have also bled the caliper. So what's next ???
|
aedwards07
11/25/2017 5:46am
Get a ARC power lever. You can adjust the ratio on it to make the feel either spongier or harder. It’s actually really cool and does work.
hbdesigns913
11/25/2017 1:08pm
I may try that out. Thanks. Just seems something is not right with mine. All the bike test and no one has mentioned how touchy the brake is.
Slosh 112
11/29/2017 4:32am
I may try that out. Thanks. Just seems something is not right with mine. All the bike test and no one has mentioned how touchy the...
I may try that out. Thanks. Just seems something is not right with mine. All the bike test and no one has mentioned how touchy the brake is.
Have you tried bleeding the system and putting in dot4 brake fluid? Remove the calliper and pump the brakes to bottom out the two pads on each other then see how much force it takes to push the piston side pad back home all the way, could be a seized piston in the calliper. swap out brake pads and while the pads are out and front wheel still on the bike grab a green or maroon scotch bright pad, spin the wheel and scuff up the disc surface while going from inside to outside in a waving motion both sides of the disc. Remove the front brake lever from the master cylinder clean everything and reassemble it with some good grease on the pivot bolt and make sure its not too tight.

Post a reply to: 17 crf450 front brake

The Latest