18 CRF 250r oil in air box

5/29/2018 1:05pm
Went riding Monday, wrecked down a creek embankment. The bike was upside down on a culvert. It took quite some time to get it out. Once out it was on its side not running for a few minutes. Today when replacing my filter I noticed quite a bit of motor oil in the air box. I would say 15cc or so. It's defiantly motor oil and not air filter oil. My thinking is it's probably from the overflow tube from being upside down and on its side for a bit. Anyone have this issue before.

Note oil level looks fine. Opinions?
|
Naanak
5/29/2018 1:18pm Edited Date/Time 5/29/2018 1:20pm
Happens regularly with Honda’s. They made a reroute hose kit for the older models but I’m not sure about the new ones. The only issue it causes is it’s a pain to clean up. Also checking the oil level but you did that. So you should be good.
5/29/2018 1:26pm
Naanak wrote:
Happens regularly with Honda’s. They made a reroute hose kit for the older models but I’m not sure about the new ones. The only issue it...
Happens regularly with Honda’s. They made a reroute hose kit for the older models but I’m not sure about the new ones. The only issue it causes is it’s a pain to clean up. Also checking the oil level but you did that. So you should be good.
Thank you for the response.
Eases my mind a bit. Smile
Naanak
5/29/2018 4:56pm
Thank you for the response.
Eases my mind a bit. Smile
No problem It definitely scared me the first time it happened.

Post a reply to: 18 CRF 250r oil in air box

The Latest