18 RMZ 450 do I need a new wheel hub?

MotofactioN
8/1/2020 6:45pm Edited Date/Time 8/6/2020 4:31am
Had a bad crash a couple months back and someone ran over my front wheel. Figured I just had a bent rotor. Rotor was still dragging on a particular part of the rotor.

I now see that the mounting point for the rotor is bent inwards, causing the rotor to flex in as I tighten.

It spins freely when I take that rotor screw out.

Is there anyway I can heat this up and bend it back? Or should I just get a new hub? Or send it to Dubya? Grinning

Also do you think I can temporarily ride with 3 loctite rotor screws? I’m just your average C class rider. Unsure

|
Paw Paw
8/1/2020 6:56pm
Replace it.

Paw Paw
MotofactioN
8/2/2020 6:19pm
Paw Paw wrote:
Replace it.

Paw Paw
I found a whole complete 2018 wheel with a tire for $260 on eBay!

I think that will be the move for me instead of paying $250 for a trick hub Unsure

Thanks for the advice Paw Paw, though I’m not gonna lie, I probably will do a couple rides on it before I move to another state next month Pinch

I will look to replace it within the next month
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
8/5/2020 8:53am
Watch that stress fracture right near the spoke bed if you do ride it. Hubs take a lot of stress and that could end very badly for you if the front wheel disintegrates.
MotofactioN
8/6/2020 4:31am
Falcon wrote:
Watch that stress fracture right near the spoke bed if you do ride it. Hubs take a lot of stress and that could end very badly...
Watch that stress fracture right near the spoke bed if you do ride it. Hubs take a lot of stress and that could end very badly for you if the front wheel disintegrates.
I actually called FasterUSA and they talked me out of it Laughing

Ordered a new front hub, it’ll be here Tuesday and I’ll ride next weekend. Not worth getting hurt in a dumb way. Especially before relocating and stuff. Cool

Thanks for the tip though Smile

Post a reply to: 18 RMZ 450 do I need a new wheel hub?

The Latest