2001 yz125 2 stroke, hard time starting

6/24/2018 5:34pm
I just clean the carbs and rejected the Jets, and put a new spark plug, I’m having a hard time starting it up, The spark plug works but I ordered a new one and will throw it in soon, I’m on here looking for ideas to get it started, I don’t now how to check the compression but I would like too, the previous owner put in a new top end. Any idea on how to get this thing started. Thanks in advance anything helps, and is expensive to bring to someone to look at it, I want to learn myself and am pretty mechanically inclined
|
Paw Paw 271
6/24/2018 6:36pm
How long have you owned the bike?
How did you clean the carb?
Had the bike set for some time from the last time it ran?
Does it have fresh fuel mix?
You can get a loaner tool to check the compression from several big name auto parts stores at little or no cost.

Paw Paw
6/24/2018 6:51pm
I just got it Started and it idols great and seems to have good compression, something really crazy is going on though, I can let the clutch out in first second and third gear and it won’t stall I can just run through all the gears and it’s not catching any of them, pretty wack stuff I’ve owned the bike for three months now, I think it needs new gears and a clutch. What’s your say, thanks
6/24/2018 6:58pm
How long have you owned the bike? How did you clean the carb? Had the bike set for some time from the last time it ran...
How long have you owned the bike?
How did you clean the carb?
Had the bike set for some time from the last time it ran?
Does it have fresh fuel mix?
You can get a loaner tool to check the compression from several big name auto parts stores at little or no cost.

Paw Paw
^^

Post a reply to: 2001 yz125 2 stroke, hard time starting

The Latest