2005 yz125 won’t roll in gear w/ clutch in

Madmack
1/14/2021 7:31pm
So I was riding a few weeks ago and my clutch cable snapped and I had to ride my bike back home shifting without the clutch(about 15 minutes). I also fell this day. I replaced my clutch cable and the bike rides good from what I can tell ( I’m no expert starting riding last year). Anyways my bike won’t roll like it used to in gear with the clutch pulled in before the cable snapped. Could I have did something wrong? Did I damage something?
|
Madmack
1/14/2021 7:34pm
Also bike sat for 2 or 3 weeks and it’s been getting down in the 30’s here in Florida I’m not sure if that would have some play in it. The bike will roll a little bit but not like it used. I probably won’t have time to mess with it til this weekend
Madmack
1/15/2021 3:51pm
crc245 wrote:
Replace shift stopper yet? 2005 and 2006 need the updated part (solid wheel, not a bearing style)...

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Yz-125-Issues,1198546
No I’ll check with my local Barney’s and see if I can get it there. I’m not too familiar with clutches. Is it possible I could’ve damaged something else the short period I wasn’t using the clutch?
Madmack
1/15/2021 3:52pm
Or maybe my free play in the lever isn’t right?

The Shop

GaryC1
1/15/2021 11:19pm
Madmack wrote:
Or maybe my free play in the lever isn’t right?
I was going to suggest this. Had a similar issue in the past when I first started riding after I replaced a clutch cable. You want about a £1 coin worth of free play (not sure what American coin would match this). Definitely check that first as that is the only thing that has changed since it last worked
Madmack
1/16/2021 8:04am
GaryC1 wrote:
I was going to suggest this. Had a similar issue in the past when I first started riding after I replaced a clutch cable. You want...
I was going to suggest this. Had a similar issue in the past when I first started riding after I replaced a clutch cable. You want about a £1 coin worth of free play (not sure what American coin would match this). Definitely check that first as that is the only thing that has changed since it last worked
A dime is 1.35mm so I’ll just take 2 of them. I noticed My lever has some slop in it maybe it’s the original but I’m probably going to swap the assembly soon. I’ll take the measurement in a few hours and keep you updated. I changed the oil just in case that played a roll in it

Post a reply to: 2005 yz125 won’t roll in gear w/ clutch in

The Latest