2018 YZ throttle cable?

Moto88
11/20/2017 12:12am
Just picked up a new YZ450f. The throttle had mass play. I adjusted it however I'm maxed out and it's just barely acceptable, having just a little play. I only have one thread left on the carb side of the cable, and three threads left on the "handle bar" adjuster. This seems odd as there should be plenty of adjustment. Anyone else have this issue?
|
Acidreamer
11/20/2017 2:18am
Is there a second adjuster by the throttle body or further down on the cable on the 18 yz?
Moto88
11/20/2017 9:36am
Yes there is a second.. That one too is adjusted as far as it can go.
Acidreamer
11/20/2017 5:21pm
Best thing I can tell you is to reset all the adjusters and follow a video on adjustment. Either yamaha put the wrong cable on the bike or you didn’t adjust it properly. Brand new cables aren’t stretched beyond adjustment.
Moto88
11/20/2017 11:30pm
Well I checked w a few friends w the same bike. Their's are close to max but not as close as mine. Ordered new cables and tube today. Hopefully that will put me in a spot w room to adjust. BTW I've adjusted cables countless times as I'm very picky w set up. Maybe that's the problem lol!

The Shop

11/21/2017 1:13pm
Moto88 wrote:
Well I checked w a few friends w the same bike. Their's are close to max but not as close as mine. Ordered new cables and...
Well I checked w a few friends w the same bike. Their's are close to max but not as close as mine. Ordered new cables and tube today. Hopefully that will put me in a spot w room to adjust. BTW I've adjusted cables countless times as I'm very picky w set up. Maybe that's the problem lol!
Why can't you take it back to the dealer as its brand new?
Moto88
11/22/2017 10:38am
Moto88 wrote:
Well I checked w a few friends w the same bike. Their's are close to max but not as close as mine. Ordered new cables and...
Why can't you take it back to the dealer as its brand new?
Good question! I could but they gave me a really good deal plus its a two hour drive, and their mechanic would most likely adjust it to the point where I have it now and say its fine. I just dont like the idea of having no more room for adjustment, plus the top of cable prone to breaking (tip over/crash) as it is on three threads. Ordered new cables so maybe it'll be all good.
Moto88
11/25/2017 10:47am
My mistake! New throttle tube, problem solved. Compared the two, both stock parts, 16 tube I had on (because different grip was on it) was just a bit looser than the 18. I had called dealer if they are the same part number and was told "yes they are the same". Wether it is or isn't the 16 gave it too much play. I overlooked that part as if I would have posted the change originally I'm sure one of you would have caught that that may be the issue. I guess what messed me up was that I never adjusted cable w 18 tube, just took it off day one, and it had lots of play too, just didn't adjust as I switched tubes. Lol!

Post a reply to: 2018 YZ throttle cable?

The Latest