2018 kx250f lean pop, who can re map? Options?

Blake_Toms
I just bought a new kx250f and it's pops horribly on deceleration. I obviously don't wanna buy the 700$ calibration tool, no dealer I have called has it. Is there a way to maybe send the ecu to somewhere or ??? Bike is bone stock...so disapointed that it comes from the factory this way.
|
mxb2
6/20/2018 7:44pm
Blake_Toms wrote:
I just bought a new kx250f and it's pops horribly on deceleration. I obviously don't wanna buy the 700$ calibration tool, no dealer I have called...
I just bought a new kx250f and it's pops horribly on deceleration. I obviously don't wanna buy the 700$ calibration tool, no dealer I have called has it. Is there a way to maybe send the ecu to somewhere or ??? Bike is bone stock...so disapointed that it comes from the factory this way.
Tokyo mods $85 remaps, 3 day turn around.
mxb2
6/20/2018 7:45pm
It will take care of the decel.pop.

The Shop

pCp 252
Fantasy
2541st
6/20/2018 10:15pm
If the decel popping is excessively bad, you may have an exhaust leak. Tighten the two nuts on the head pipe and the clamp on the mid pipe to spec.

kb228
6/21/2018 1:35am
Have your dealer set your tps. I doubt you have an exhaust leak on a brand new bike but check anyways. Tokyo mods did my kx450 for $100 or so and took care of the issue.
Paul_Pitzonka
6/21/2018 3:01am
Have you looked at resetting the TPS?

Paw Paw
Blake_Toms wrote:
no, how would that help?
Sometimes the tps is not in the correct range and set a little lean from factory.. you can richen the bike up by changing the setting of it... basically, the tps tells the computer how much throttle is being applied and how much fuel to apply to the system.... by moving it higher in the range it makes the bike richer because you’re telling the ecu to feed more fuel to the bike when the throttles closed...
Paw Paw 271
6/21/2018 5:09am

Paw Paw
Blake_Toms wrote:
no, how would that help?
Sometimes the tps is not in the correct range and set a little lean from factory.. you can richen the bike up by changing the setting...
Sometimes the tps is not in the correct range and set a little lean from factory.. you can richen the bike up by changing the setting of it... basically, the tps tells the computer how much throttle is being applied and how much fuel to apply to the system.... by moving it higher in the range it makes the bike richer because you’re telling the ecu to feed more fuel to the bike when the throttles closed...
X2
I find a lot of bikes with the TPS set too lean and this will cause the pop. If you find that it is set at .5 volts then change it to .6 volts and see if that helps the issue.

Paw Paw
Blake_Toms
6/23/2018 4:50pm
Blake_Toms wrote:
no, how would that help?
Sometimes the tps is not in the correct range and set a little lean from factory.. you can richen the bike up by changing the setting...
X2 I find a lot of bikes with the TPS set too lean and this will cause the pop. If you find that it is set...
X2
I find a lot of bikes with the TPS set too lean and this will cause the pop. If you find that it is set at .5 volts then change it to .6 volts and see if that helps the issue.

Paw Paw
Is this somthing I can do myself? My local dealer does not have good technicians, had no clue what I was talking about
Paw Paw 271
6/23/2018 5:33pm Edited Date/Time 6/23/2018 5:33pm
You can do it your self if...
You have a service manual...
A good OHMs meter...
The correct plug for the TPS...
and a good understanding of how it works.

Paw Paw
mxb2
6/23/2018 6:57pm
Dont mess with the tps, remap from tokyo mods.
Paul_Pitzonka
6/24/2018 10:58pm
Simple system... normally a 3 wire system... ones reference voltage from the ecm (normally 5 volts) one’s ground and then ones output voltage back to the ecm... to adjust it the bike either needs to be running or have a constant 5 volts of power to the tps... with power to the system find the wire that is output voltage (should be a range from .5 to .6 volts) losen the torx bolt and slightly move the tps sensor... it takes very minor movements to adjust... higher in the range is richer... lower is leaner... if you understand the system it’s the easiest way to remove lean pop without remapping the bike...
kb228
6/25/2018 3:14am

Paw Paw
Question about that paw paw, does a tps setting affect decel pop on carburetorated 4 strokes too?
Paw Paw 271
6/25/2018 4:44am

Paw Paw
kb228 wrote:
Question about that paw paw, does a tps setting affect decel pop on carburetorated 4 strokes too?
No

Paw Paw
BobPA
6/25/2018 9:41am
Simple system... normally a 3 wire system... ones reference voltage from the ecm (normally 5 volts) one’s ground and then ones output voltage back to the...
Simple system... normally a 3 wire system... ones reference voltage from the ecm (normally 5 volts) one’s ground and then ones output voltage back to the ecm... to adjust it the bike either needs to be running or have a constant 5 volts of power to the tps... with power to the system find the wire that is output voltage (should be a range from .5 to .6 volts) losen the torx bolt and slightly move the tps sensor... it takes very minor movements to adjust... higher in the range is richer... lower is leaner... if you understand the system it’s the easiest way to remove lean pop without remapping the bike...
This right here. Setting your TPS is as simple as it gets. No need for a full remap on a new stock bike.
dmm698
6/25/2018 12:49pm
mxb2 wrote:
Bruh, I gather from all your bike posts, and your replica bike build, you've got the coin. But to tell somebody to overlook the most basic thing they can check, and just blindly spend 100$ at tokyo mods, for a tune, which is NOT specific to his engine build, is hardly a better FIRST step solution.

Sure maybe the "Canned" tune you'll get from tokyo mods is decent, but if you're going to go through the trouble, just have your bike mapped properly. No two engines are the same. TPS adjustments are easy to make in the garage to help diagnose your own stuff.
mxb2
6/25/2018 2:31pm
mxb2 wrote:
dmm698 wrote:
Bruh, I gather from all your bike posts, and your replica bike build, you've got the coin. But to tell somebody to overlook the most basic...
Bruh, I gather from all your bike posts, and your replica bike build, you've got the coin. But to tell somebody to overlook the most basic thing they can check, and just blindly spend 100$ at tokyo mods, for a tune, which is NOT specific to his engine build, is hardly a better FIRST step solution.

Sure maybe the "Canned" tune you'll get from tokyo mods is decent, but if you're going to go through the trouble, just have your bike mapped properly. No two engines are the same. TPS adjustments are easy to make in the garage to help diagnose your own stuff.
True, just giving an opinion from what i have used.
Blake_Toms
6/26/2018 2:50pm
Thanks fellas I will be trying the tps tonight and will update

Post a reply to: 2018 kx250f lean pop, who can re map? Options?

The Latest