2019/21 kx450 subframe cutting??

Searched with no results. Is this possible to take a small section of the subframe out to achieve a lower seat height? I used to do this on my older Yamahas.

Thanks in advance
|
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
10/29/2020 8:23am
I don't know specifically on this model. But I will say that 4-strokes in general are not as easy to do this mod because of the tighter/heavier mounting of the larger muffler. If you cut the lower legs of the subframe you might run into alignment issues with the muffler mounting points and if you just kind of "force" everything together things might start cracking before long. Also, the KX450 has a very flat seat and the part that sucks for short guys is the tallness in the front/middle. Cutting the subframe lowers the rear of the seat and that doesn't really help much.
Demzsolt
11/26/2020 2:58pm
Searched with no results. Is this possible to take a small section of the subframe out to achieve a lower seat height? I used to do...
Searched with no results. Is this possible to take a small section of the subframe out to achieve a lower seat height? I used to do this on my older Yamahas.

Thanks in advance
Yes it can be..
Max 4 mm at the bottom hole..
beamer
11/27/2020 5:55am
Would lowering the ride height in the shock not be easier ? Not permanent either
11/27/2020 6:52am
Searched with no results. Is this possible to take a small section of the subframe out to achieve a lower seat height? I used to do...

Thanks in advance
Demzsolt wrote:
Yes it can be..
Have you done it before? Or have pictures ?

The Shop

11/27/2020 6:52am
beamer wrote:
Would lowering the ride height in the shock not be easier ? Not permanent either
Talked to my suspension guy and he didn’t recommend it.
Demzsolt
11/27/2020 11:15am
beamer wrote:
it was the first..
Demzsolt
11/27/2020 11:20am

Thanks in advance
Demzsolt wrote:
Yes it can be..
Have you done it before? Or have pictures ?
Yes, more bikes.
You don't see any change in the picture, it looks like factory ..

Post a reply to: 2019/21 kx450 subframe cutting??

The Latest