AER 48 Questions

Hcallz5
Recently picked up a 19' TX300. I am a shorter rider at 5'5" and 135lbs, I haven't gotten the fork fully broken in yet but I was just wondering some tips on setting it up for singletrack for a light rider. I realize I can play with the air pressure, I ran 125psi my first time out and it did feel kinda stiff initially but manageable. I'm not super picky but I was wondering if I can remove some oil to give it some more progression? Don't know a ton about this stuff but was also wondering about doing a revalve in the future, who are the reputable people to do this on AER? My local guy recently closed up shop unfortunately.
|
CSAR FE
11/27/2018 7:57pm
Hcallz5 wrote:
Recently picked up a 19' TX300. I am a shorter rider at 5'5" and 135lbs, I haven't gotten the fork fully broken in yet but I...
Recently picked up a 19' TX300. I am a shorter rider at 5'5" and 135lbs, I haven't gotten the fork fully broken in yet but I was just wondering some tips on setting it up for singletrack for a light rider. I realize I can play with the air pressure, I ran 125psi my first time out and it did feel kinda stiff initially but manageable. I'm not super picky but I was wondering if I can remove some oil to give it some more progression? Don't know a ton about this stuff but was also wondering about doing a revalve in the future, who are the reputable people to do this on AER? My local guy recently closed up shop unfortunately.
I will tell you that you need to put 5-8 hours on it, at least, before the stiction smooths itself out with the AER48. It will feel better after that.

If you do a revalve, I would recommend Factory Connection, and their AER48 Performance kit. It is very good, in my opinion. I thought the fork was decent before, but it is great after FC's work. There is still a tad bit of "shock" type feedback felt through the bars on "slap-down" type landings, but its not near as bad as pre-revalve. The initial action of the fork is a lot plusher and feels a bit more spring-like to me.
Hcallz5
11/28/2018 4:33pm
CSAR FE wrote:
I will tell you that you need to put 5-8 hours on it, at least, before the stiction smooths itself out with the AER48. It will...
I will tell you that you need to put 5-8 hours on it, at least, before the stiction smooths itself out with the AER48. It will feel better after that.

If you do a revalve, I would recommend Factory Connection, and their AER48 Performance kit. It is very good, in my opinion. I thought the fork was decent before, but it is great after FC's work. There is still a tad bit of "shock" type feedback felt through the bars on "slap-down" type landings, but its not near as bad as pre-revalve. The initial action of the fork is a lot plusher and feels a bit more spring-like to me.
Awesome, thanks for the input. I will have to put some more time on them and go from there.
AJ565
11/28/2018 8:08pm
Also look into Derek Harris at HP Race Development. His revalve on my ‘18 was a huge improvement over stock.
blaze 57
11/29/2018 10:10am Edited Date/Time 11/29/2018 10:13am
Try removing some fluid (10cc) and also try riding with the comp clicker on full soft or 25 plus clicks out. I also had the Factory Connection revalve and performance mod. Much plusher. They did the shock too with the bladder mod. It does make a difference on square edge bumps.

The Shop

Monk
11/29/2018 6:46pm
At your height, and when you choose to get some suspension work done, I would also have your suspension lowered an inch. It would greatly increase your riding experience.
PTECH
11/29/2018 9:47pm Edited Date/Time 11/29/2018 9:48pm
You could try going lower on the air pressure too. The guy that has been doing my suspension for the last few years told me to run 120 psi and I'm 185 lbs. I told him that was quite a bit lower than the book but he said run it trust me! I'm only at 5 hours on my 2019 but thats what I'm running and they feel great. Best stock fork I've ridden IMO. I should mention this is for single track on my 300xc but I think it still feels great even in the fast open stuff.

Post a reply to: AER 48 Questions

The Latest