Black Kashima??

FRANZINI499
From what I understand the black coating on the upper fork tubes on the new Showa A-kits is a "Black Kashima" coating. I have a set of 51mm Showa's from JGR and they originally had some form of this black mystery anodizing, but they have faded in the sun and turned a sort of bluish, greenish, black color.

I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to get these recoated? Or if there are anyone who even offers this outside of Showa themselves? Any insight on this would be helpful, thanks!!!

|
mxb2
8/12/2017 12:41pm Edited Date/Time 8/12/2017 3:55pm
Did you contact jgr?,. If you want the exact color, showa mite be the only option.
FRANZINI499
8/12/2017 3:07pm
mxb2 wrote:
Did you contact jgr?,. If you want the exact color, showa mite be the only option.
Yeah I talked to JGR and they didn't give me any options for recoating them... And even if showa was the only one to do this, I'm not sure how I would get in touch with them and be able to get my stuff done.
mxb2
8/12/2017 3:57pm
mxb2 wrote:
Yeah I talked to JGR and they didn't give me any options for recoating them... And even if showa was the only one to do this...
Yeah I talked to JGR and they didn't give me any options for recoating them... And even if showa was the only one to do this, I'm not sure how I would get in touch with them and be able to get my stuff done.
Email, or phone, and ship. Like any other suspension stuff. If they do those forks? I always tell people before they buy stuff, Can it be serviced, parts replaced, or can you buy parts. A kits cost more to use and maintain.

Post a reply to: Black Kashima??

The Latest