Bud Racing crank?

Braaaphole
1/14/2021 6:23pm
Anyone ever used one of their cranks in a 2 stroke? My kids Husky 85 is due for a crank. I typically go OEM on things like this, but for some reason the new KTM cranks aren't lasting in these bikes. Lots of people are reporting failures in the first couple of hours.
Found the Bud crank, but I've never read anything on them, would like to hear some feedback. If not good, I'll just send this crank out and get the rod replaced, but that's additional down time.
|
Rickyisms
1/14/2021 9:14pm
While I haven’t tried one of their cranks, I’ve been very pleased with some of their other products I’ve ran in their past. The parts I used were very high quality. I would email Bud to see where the crank is made.

Have you looked into getting your OEM crank rebuilt with a quality rod by a reputable builder?
40acres
1/14/2021 10:25pm
Braaaphole wrote:
Anyone ever used one of their cranks in a 2 stroke? My kids Husky 85 is due for a crank. I typically go OEM on things...
Anyone ever used one of their cranks in a 2 stroke? My kids Husky 85 is due for a crank. I typically go OEM on things like this, but for some reason the new KTM cranks aren't lasting in these bikes. Lots of people are reporting failures in the first couple of hours.
Found the Bud crank, but I've never read anything on them, would like to hear some feedback. If not good, I'll just send this crank out and get the rod replaced, but that's additional down time.
If you choose to rebuild the crank, I'd highly recommend Kerry Rea @ Rea Machine in Pasadena. $50 and you might even be able to wait on it if you bring him all the parts. Heck, I bet John Mitchell, Rat Racing or EBR could do it as well. There's no need to send anything off, especially with all the shops we have here doing great work in the Houston Area.

Kerry has rebuilt OE cranks for me and also trued up a few aftermarket cranks. He used to do a lot of work for Colin Edwards as well, not sure if that's still the case.

Rea Machine Shop
212 Spencer Hwy, South Houston, TX 77587
(713) 944-4888
yzf162
1/15/2021 5:49am
Always crank works in Tempe Arizona. Use to work there. We saw every type of failure daily and had to come up with fixes. If anyone has a fix to make it last between rebuilds it would be them. I'd give them a call.

Post a reply to: Bud Racing crank?

The Latest