CR 125 triple clamps to fit kit forks

brycepdh
1/31/2018 11:23pm Edited Date/Time 2/5/2018 5:56am
I'm just throwing it out there that is there anything that i could do or where to find triple clamps for my 2007 CR 125 to fit 49mm kit forks? I currently have a HRC set of triple clamps from a late model CRF in them to fit them currently but you have to use the CRF front guard and number plate which i don't want. I want to have a set of triple clamps to fit the oem front guard and plate. I do have the oem set of triple clamps and thought about machining but i think the walls will be too thin. Has anyone done this and thoughts?

|
macz400
2/1/2018 5:32am
If you look on the Craigslist for Inland empire CA, I believe there is a guy selling a set of red PC A kit clamps that have the old CR style mounting fender and number plate setup. Would not use your stock clamps bored out.
Tracktor
2/1/2018 9:16am
Not specifically to your question but make sure you keep the stock offset. I bought a set of B-kits for our 02 CR125 and they came with some sweet PC clamps. Never checked offset until my boy insisted the bike handled like shit. Turned out to be 20mm offset clamps. Went back to stock and everything worked great..........
brycepdh
2/1/2018 6:26pm
Thank you for your help guys, i'll try look for the craigslist ad but it might be a little difficult as i am from Australia. I am aware of the offset and my HRC ones are the stock offset, thanks for the reminder though if i do manage to find something i'm after.
brycepdh
2/5/2018 5:56am
macz400 wrote:
If you look on the Craigslist for Inland empire CA, I believe there is a guy selling a set of red PC A kit clamps that...
If you look on the Craigslist for Inland empire CA, I believe there is a guy selling a set of red PC A kit clamps that have the old CR style mounting fender and number plate setup. Would not use your stock clamps bored out.
The triple clamps you referred to me on craigslist happens to be already sold sadly. They were exactly what I was after, I have messaged PC and they don't have anything in inventory of what I am after. If anyone know where else I can look or ideas of how i can make it work will be kindly appreciated thanks.

Post a reply to: CR 125 triple clamps to fit kit forks

The Latest