Related:
Create New Tag
tempura tempura
7/5/2017 11:52 PM

I picked up a lightly used Yoshimura RS9 dual carbon/titainium system for $300.
Has anyone removed the insert and sleeve, and can tell me the difference they felt in performance?
The previous owner never took them out, and I'm wondering if it's worth me doing?
Thanks for any advice.

"Nothing happens until something moves"

mxb2 mxb2
7/6/2017 6:23 AM
tempura wrote:

I picked up a lightly used ...more

Took mine out of my 15 crf450, it let the bike breath better, sound is a little louder. Not much change in performance. A remap on your ECU would be better . My crf also has a vortex ecu, runs crisp.

tempura tempura
7/6/2017 5:26 PM

Thanks,
The bike is already remapped.
I figured taking them out would let the air flow more, and perhaps increase power somewhere, or shift the power to different areas of the curve.
Is it the noise increase substantial?
Photo

mxb2 mxb2
7/6/2017 9:55 PM
tempura wrote:

Thanks,
The bike is ...more

Yea, a bit louder, but a nice bark.

mxb2 mxb2
7/6/2017 9:58 PM

A. Few tips, remove the bolt on silencers,. If it doesn't slide out with spring remover, get a lil long handle t handle, broom handle, and tap it out from rear of can, mid pipe rear side, some are really tight.easier to.do off the bike. Hope that helps.

tempura tempura
7/7/2017 1:07 AM

Thanks for the tips, they gave me an idea.
I bolted them up on the bike and removed the insert nut and bolt.
I then took a blind bearing puller and fitted it in. Just a couple of light taps and it was out, very easy and no chance of damaging anything.
Thanks. Photo

tempura tempura
7/7/2017 1:08 AM
Photo

mxb2 mxb2
7/7/2017 6:11 AM

Np man, glad you got them out, I was worried about damaging the cf ends but mine were ok also. Let me know what you think when you ride it, sound ,power etc.might be different on a 250f than a 450 like mine.

tempura tempura
7/7/2017 6:36 AM

I started it before and after removing the inserts, and can tell you it's a lot louder.
No ride yet, but I'll take the inserts to the track and try both with and without. I'm not sure what the outcome will be.

omalley omalley
7/7/2017 6:48 AM

My PC system for my 13 KX450 had an insert. with the insert, the bike was virtually hitless off the bottom (as much as a 450 can be, anyway). With the insert removed, the difference in low-mid bark was very noticeable. Totally backwards of what I thought would happen, I assumed the increased flow would show itself more on top.

tempura tempura
7/7/2017 6:53 AM
omalley wrote:

My PC system for my 13 ...more

Interesting. Did the top suffer at all, with the insert removed?

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry