Cleaning Hubs and swing arm

Edited Date/Time 1/1/2018 5:27am
I do not intend of "de spokeing" the wheels to clean the hubs to bring back the oem look or close to it. The swing arm is stripped and needs a good cleaning as well. Anyone have an idea of a spray type of cleaner to help restore the original look rather than take the wheels apart and media blast them ?
|
12/30/2017 5:10am
failed to mention, I'm leery of Muriatic acid to do the the job as I only really use that to get melted piston off of nikasil cylinders.
12/30/2017 5:21am
I like that notion. Especially as it is listed for "rough cast alloy".
Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I was going to media blast the cases, but I'll try this on those as well as see if I can save my myself from being bombarded with media.
Acidreamer
12/30/2017 7:30am
Use scotch brite on the smooth parts of the swingarm and mag wheel cleaner on the cast parts.

Wheels i use scotch brite on the spokes. Havent found anything to give them the “new look”. Hubs a brush and degreaser if theyre anodized. Mag wheel cleaner if they arent

The Shop

Tracktor
12/31/2017 8:41am
Napa Alumibrite works a treat just keep away from steel if possible .. Apply carefully and pressure wash off

Also soda blasting works great and can be done with wheels om bike. I use it regularly to get stains out of aluminum
1/1/2018 5:27am
I just had to clean up a used rear hub I bought I used green Scott brite pad ,this stuff called super clean then hit it with some fine steel wool looks pretty close to my brand new hub ,I also found that fine steel wool and a little elbow grease makes old spokes shine

Post a reply to: Cleaning Hubs and swing arm

The Latest