Drill holes in rmz Airbox

2/17/2018 8:00am Edited Date/Time 2/19/2018 6:04am
I noticed the jgr guys are running holes in their airbox,I know they have done this due to the 2nd injector,but was wondering if anyone has done it without the use of a second injector
|
Turbojez
2/18/2018 7:21am
Do you have the stock filter cage in your bike, or RM part? That would be more restricting in the airflow than Airbox capacity imo.
2/18/2018 8:14am
I have the stock filter and cage in still plan on eventually getting the twin air kit
Bruce372
2/18/2018 4:18pm
Just get the filter cage from a late model rm125, 250.
2/18/2018 4:39pm
Since we are talking rmz and air filter. I always had 99-02 kx 2 strokes bikes. What the deal on the filter cage for the RMZ. M'y 2016 rmz came with the same type of cage/filter... is this oem or moded ?

Picture is what I had on m'y kx and is the exact same as m'y rmz too. What am I missing by filter cage/screen

The Shop

2/18/2018 4:53pm
I have a 2016 rmz250 pretty sure that's oem the twin air system is aluminum cage I believe
RussB
Fantasy
866th
2/19/2018 12:01am
The RMZ air filter comes cage comes stock with a fairly fine metal mesh across it. For what reason I have no idea!

The RM250 uses the same size and shape filter cage but does not have the mesh, allowing for better air flow. A quick and simple mod that will improve throttle response slightly, plus its a little lighter too.

Arrowangel - If your RMZ came with a cage like in the one in the picture, then it is not stock and most likely an RM250 cage. It's a very common mod among RMZ owners.
2/19/2018 5:28am
RussB wrote:
The RMZ air filter comes cage comes stock with a fairly fine metal mesh across it. For what reason I have no idea! The RM250 uses...
The RMZ air filter comes cage comes stock with a fairly fine metal mesh across it. For what reason I have no idea!

The RM250 uses the same size and shape filter cage but does not have the mesh, allowing for better air flow. A quick and simple mod that will improve throttle response slightly, plus its a little lighter too.

Arrowangel - If your RMZ came with a cage like in the one in the picture, then it is not stock and most likely an RM250 cage. It's a very common mod among RMZ owners.
The mesh screen is a back fire screen
2/19/2018 6:04am
RussB wrote:
The RMZ air filter comes cage comes stock with a fairly fine metal mesh across it. For what reason I have no idea! The RM250 uses...

Perfect thanks

Post a reply to: Drill holes in rmz Airbox

The Latest