KYB SSS forks to KYB PSF1 swap

CStone325
Ive tried to search for this quite a bit now and I cant find out any information. I picked up a 2017 yz125 that im building. i know the psf1 came on the 13-14 kx450s. im just trying to get some info on if anyway has done this swap or not? i know a few parts would have to be changed. Just trying to get an idea of what im possibly getting into. any info would be great. main reason im wanting to do the swap is im building this bike to be as light as possible. sounds kinda dumb for a 125 but it think it would be fun.
|
m21racing
1/4/2018 11:22am Edited Date/Time 1/4/2018 11:24am
You need to call tech touch USA. You can build them from catalog, or order the psf kit forks.

I have a set I reworked for yz450f, pretty good result. Now we are retrofitting a set on an 06 kx250.
CStone325
1/4/2018 11:35am
m21racing wrote:
You need to call tech touch USA. You can build them from catalog, or order the psf kit forks. I have a set I reworked for...
You need to call tech touch USA. You can build them from catalog, or order the psf kit forks.

I have a set I reworked for yz450f, pretty good result. Now we are retrofitting a set on an 06 kx250.
you don't think it would be an easy swap? I can get the forks for next to nothing off the kx.
rob162
1/4/2018 12:58pm
Call enzo. The easy way would be you need the kx front wheel and caliper if your triple clamps fit. If the triple clamps are not the same size you may need the kx clamps if they bolt up your good. You may need the yz steering stem( if it fits the clamps) if the kx steering stem is not the same leangth.

If kx or yz clamps are not compatible you would need new clamps. Enzo should have all the answeres you need as they are the ones helping outfitt star racing with their psf1's on their 250f's
m21racing
1/4/2018 2:41pm Edited Date/Time 1/4/2018 2:42pm
m21racing wrote:
You need to call tech touch USA. You can build them from catalog, or order the psf kit forks. I have a set I reworked for...

CStone325 wrote:
you don't think it would be an easy swap? I can get the forks for next to nothing off the kx.
You could try it. Use the kx and see if wheel lines up, then if not, fit the yz lugs on kx lowers, and use crf bottoming cylinders fitted to inside of us lugs.

The Shop

CStone325
1/4/2018 7:01pm
Another question for you guys. Would it be easier to pick up a set of used sss forks and have them worked? If so, didn't the yz have the same forks from 06-present?
m21racing
1/4/2018 7:09pm
That's easiest way. The sss are great forks. But psf forks can be awesome when dialed.
CStone325
1/4/2018 7:26pm
m21racing wrote:
That's easiest way. The sss are great forks. But psf forks can be awesome when dialed.
Sorry about all the questions. But do you know what bikes the came on? I've been trying to look into it and can't get a good answer
DPR250R
1/5/2018 4:40am
PSF1’s were on the 2013 CRF450 I believe.

There is a guy macz something that posts on here who is very knowledgeable on swaps.
m21racing
1/5/2018 7:57am
m21racing wrote:
CStone325 wrote:
Sorry about all the questions. But do you know what bikes the came on? I've been trying to look into it and can't get a good...
Sorry about all the questions. But do you know what bikes the came on? I've been trying to look into it and can't get a good answer
I can dig up some stuff, and post it later today if I can find it . I've so much stuff boxed up. But I can show you a few parts to look for if they are here.
1/5/2018 7:58am Edited Date/Time 1/5/2018 7:59am
Hi you need YZ450F tripple lamps10+ or yz250f 12+ i think.. the modern YZF KXF and CRF share fork diameter.

Or maybey you could shim the upper clamp.

Tou would need a honda front wheel bolt. Unsure what breakes fit but i know suzuki and crf only needed diffrent adapter brackets.

wheels maybe only need custom wheel spacer.

Did the conversion on a ktm myself
CStone325
1/5/2018 12:45pm
thanks for all the replies guys. I was looking into oem part numbers and try to hunt down some used forks. for the yz 125 im seeing the same part number from 2015-present. im thinking it would be easier to hunt down some used ones but that's been impossible so far
samcampbell
1/5/2018 8:14pm
CStone325 wrote:
Another question for you guys. Would it be easier to pick up a set of used sss forks and have them worked? If so, didn't the...
Another question for you guys. Would it be easier to pick up a set of used sss forks and have them worked? If so, didn't the yz have the same forks from 06-present?
I'm kind of confused... your 2017 YZ has SSS forks on it stock so why are you trying to find a used set? Also, the SSS forks may be slightly heavier than the TAC but are definitely better in terms of performance.
CStone325
1/5/2018 8:35pm
CStone325 wrote:
Another question for you guys. Would it be easier to pick up a set of used sss forks and have them worked? If so, didn't the...
I'm kind of confused... your 2017 YZ has SSS forks on it stock so why are you trying to find a used set? Also, the SSS...
I'm kind of confused... your 2017 YZ has SSS forks on it stock so why are you trying to find a used set? Also, the SSS forks may be slightly heavier than the TAC but are definitely better in terms of performance.
I was wanting to do a psf conversion on a set. I'm wanting to have 2 sets honestly. Have one setup for Mx and another for ax. Was going to find a used set and send them to Enzo for a conversion. Sorry for the confusion
samcampbell
1/5/2018 8:57pm
CStone325 wrote:
I was wanting to do a psf conversion on a set. I'm wanting to have 2 sets honestly. Have one setup for Mx and another for...
I was wanting to do a psf conversion on a set. I'm wanting to have 2 sets honestly. Have one setup for Mx and another for ax. Was going to find a used set and send them to Enzo for a conversion. Sorry for the confusion
Ahh that makes sense. I've got a stock shock off my 14 YZ 125 that I won't be using that I would let go so that you could have two complete sets. Let me know if you're interested.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
1/6/2018 5:54pm
CStone325 wrote:
I was wanting to do a psf conversion on a set. I'm wanting to have 2 sets honestly. Have one setup for Mx and another for...
Ahh that makes sense. I've got a stock shock off my 14 YZ 125 that I won't be using that I would let go so that...
Ahh that makes sense. I've got a stock shock off my 14 YZ 125 that I won't be using that I would let go so that you could have two complete sets. Let me know if you're interested.
What are you looking to get for the shock? I was going to rebuild the one on my '06 but if you're selling yours for around the same cost of a rebuild maybe I would just buy yours?
CoolHuh
7/5/2018 6:41pm
CStone325 wrote:
Ive tried to search for this quite a bit now and I cant find out any information. I picked up a 2017 yz125 that im building...
Ive tried to search for this quite a bit now and I cant find out any information. I picked up a 2017 yz125 that im building. i know the psf1 came on the 13-14 kx450s. im just trying to get some info on if anyway has done this swap or not? i know a few parts would have to be changed. Just trying to get an idea of what im possibly getting into. any info would be great. main reason im wanting to do the swap is im building this bike to be as light as possible. sounds kinda dumb for a 125 but it think it would be fun.
iv got a set of psf forks ill sell or trade for 48mm aoss and i have set of 2012 sss forks too

Post a reply to: KYB SSS forks to KYB PSF1 swap

The Latest