Moto tool box for the garage and track

8/2/2017 10:26am Edited Date/Time 8/2/2017 11:24am
Would like to get a bigger tool box for both all my moto specific tools and the general tools like a socket set, wrenches, etc. Looking for something that I can put on my work bench but also still be able to haul it with me when I go riding. I don't mind hauling something a tad bulky since it means I never have to go through a checklist of tools when loading up. Just want to be able to hulk the tool box off the work bench and into the back of the truck and know everything I need is there.

Reccomendations??? Don't need anything top dollar like SnapOn. Been eyeing a few Kobalt boxes at Lowes that look like they'd get the job done.. Something like this

|
Acidreamer
8/2/2017 11:24am
I have one of those kobalt boxes. Its black with blue drawers and comes with a shit ton of sockets and allen wrenches. Basically everything you would need. I have some bolts in the bottom drawer along with wrenches and safety wire. Works great.
Mr Happy
Fantasy
2530th
8/2/2017 12:08pm
Seems like overkill and a lot to keep lugging about when loading or unloading. You'll also end up hauling around loads of unnecessary tools. Keep it simple and buy a small toolbox populated with the bare minimum of cheap Chinese tools, as they'll be lightly used. My tool box when riding locally is a cigar box with enough tools to straighten the bike out and replace levers or jets. When riding up north or abroad we just take a small toolbox with the tools used to strip down and rebuild the bike.
IceMan446
8/2/2017 3:09pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2017 3:09pm
This is what I use, plastic so its lightweight and portable. Has more than enough space for what I need and use and I keep it on my bench. I also have a full size tool box upper and lower that I keep other tools in at my house but this box does everything.

I put some non-slip liners in the drawers and got a plastic tray for the top part to organize some smaller things like tire gauge and spoke wrenches etc

The Shop

imoto34
Fantasy
3151st
8/2/2017 7:10pm
This is the box I have for doing bike work. Even when at home, rarely open another box when working on bikes. Has held up for I think 9 years now of being loaded and unloaded atleast once a week all year. It is still square and the drawers are smooth and they all still hold shut no matter what when the lid is closed.

b8res
8/3/2017 11:13am
For shop use I use a smaller chest type box, Craftsman. For the track it's nothing but a Plano fishing tackle box. Holds enough to make most track side adjustment. It's light, easy to carry and just enough.

Ktmscout
8/5/2017 7:18pm
Have been using the Rigid tool box trio from Home Depot at the track and garage.
The smaller top box is great for parts storage. The medium middle box for tools. And the larger bottom box for a selection of oil, coolant, cleaner etc....
The boxes lock together and the large bottom box has a handle and wheels for moving around.

Post a reply to: Moto tool box for the garage and track

The Latest